The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tide Has Turned in Vancouver: A Prediction

King of the ES

if that's what happens, then the Canucks get a high draft pick in a very very deep draft. It would suck to miss the playoffs, but getting a bonafide blue chipper would be worth it.........I can't remember the last time the Nucks got one early in the draft.......twins I guess.

This entire thread is useless speculation. You have the right to your opinion sure but we have the right to tell you to shut the hell up.

To say the Oilers have gotten better when their blades have not seen a game this season is laughable. DookieofES grow up and stop being the little hater sh!t we all know you are. Problem solved.

...maybe next time you can learn when to shut the hell up :emot-parrot:

Go Canucks :canucks:

Garrison: 190 GP, 23 G, 59 P

Wideman: 535 GP, 67 6, 251 P

See any difference? One's proven, one's not. 1 year age difference.

To say that a bunch of teenagers/early 20s kids "haven't gotten better" with an extra year in the NHL and some good success in the AHL is crazy. Even RNH looked far more poised at the WJCs than I remember watching him as a rookie. They've also added Schultz and as of 2 days ago, Fistric. They've gotten better.

-Goaltending fiasco. I think we agree partially on this situation. AV created this fiasco, and it is one, but its not so dire. Best case is we swallow the 9.33m and have two of the best dozen goalies in the league this year for the full run to the playoffs. Platoon them, or split 12-36 for either one, doesn't matter: what matters is having Lu and Cory both on the team is a better team than either one and a backup goalie. If I am wrong I will eat my orca crest, and its nasty...from an early orca jersey..its been to the middle east and back, and stained with all manner of filth. Two Lu's is better than one, specifically when one is a great goalie but unproven starter, and the other is a guy we need to prove to the league is still worth 5.33m cap hit for a decade. (*I would buy for another 5-7 years)

AV didn't create this, Mike Gillis did. Mike Gillis had ample time to trade Schneider, which is all that we needed to do. This team, plus whatever return we got back from trading Schneider (ideally at the deadline of 2012, or off-season 2011 - would've been something great), plus Luongo in net, equals strength.

Instead, we've ended up with two frustrated and annoyed goaltenders, an awkward locker room, and a distraction that will follow us around for the entire year until dealt with.

AV didn't create this, Mike Gillis did. Mike Gillis had ample time to trade Schneider, which is all that we needed to do. This team, plus whatever return we got back from trading Schneider (ideally at the deadline of 2012, or off-season 2011 - would've been something great), plus Luongo in net, equals strength.

Instead, we've ended up with two frustrated and annoyed goaltenders, an awkward locker room, and a distraction that will follow us around for the entire year until dealt with.

This argument about players being complacent because they did not go overseas is silly. Most of the people who went overseas had family there in the first place. Most players on the Canucks have family in Vancouver, what's wrong with taking advantage of the lockout to be closer to home. Heck if anything else, I think the fact that the players working out of UBC together will end up building better Chemistry together.

Nothing's wrong with it, but you're not going to be in game shape. This team doesn't have any chemistry issues, most have been a part of the core since the Burke/Nonis era. Chemistry isn't the issue. Complacency is. I'd be a lot more confident if most of the team had already been playing some sort of competition.

Garrison: 190 GP, 23 G, 59 P

Wideman: 535 GP, 67 6, 251 P

See any difference? One's proven, one's not. 1 year age difference.

To say that a bunch of teenagers/early 20s kids "haven't gotten better" with an extra year in the NHL and some good success in the AHL is crazy. Even RNH looked far more poised at the WJCs than I remember watching him as a rookie. They've also added Schultz and as of 2 days ago, Fistric. They've gotten better.

In a sentence, I am officially predicting that the Vancouver Canucks will MISS the playoffs in 2013.

-Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

-Edmonton has gotten better. Justin Schultz is going to be a star. I like the Fistric acquisition a lot. Dubnyk was very good at the Spengler Cup. Heavy momentum going into the year. Key guys are already in mid-season form.

-Minnesota has gotten better. Granlund, Parise, & Suter should all have an immediate and material impact.

Why should I be banned for this? And how is this trolling? I'm making an opinion - which I've backed up with reasons.

Deb, I take it that you don't often get out of your CDC bubble, but I assure you that this a pretty common opinion amongst people elsewhere. Listen to the radio. Read newspapers. A lot of people have high concerns about this team. I happen to be one of them.

Im hoping the lack of second line to start the year will allow players to step up and be given a chance to prove themselves... they will be hungry to get/keep a spot on the team. With this, hopefully the internal competition will allow the Canucks to push for the playoffs/Cup. With the addition of Kesler and Booth next month, we should be flying heading into March.

Flames still suck!

Archived