304 replies to this topic

#181 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

King's got a great sense of humour and all, but this thread is failing to live up to it's potential.

What seems like a whole page of mod talk has all but lost sight of the prophesy.

An ode to Gallagher!

Hey King - what do you see in your cards for the Leafs this year?

Edited by oldnews, 17 January 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#182 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I find it rather telling for those that have bashed the OP, humiliated him and even denigrated him.
He raised some rather pertinent ,if not prescient issues regarding the club.
Personally,I feel that this team should secure a playoff berth without more problems but I do sense troubles getting out of the gate and matching up to SC contending clubs without a real second line.

Spector,a senior columnist and journalist,actually paid to write about hockey,presented the near textbook photocopy of the King's offering:
Spector on Canucks: Is Vancouver still a contender?

Mark Spector | January 16, 2013, 2:25 pm
Twitter @SportsnetSpec
The question surrounding the Vancouver Canucks has for some months been, is the window closing on this group's Stanley Cup aspirations?
Any more injuries and the queries will shift to, should the Canucks even be in the Stanley Cup conversation anymore?
Ryan Kesler -- gone for better than a month, after his third surgery in two years.
David Booth -- spent the lockout hunting bears instead of readying himself to track down the Bruins, then couldn't even make it through the first workout. His groin is shot -- his credibility remains on I.R. as well -- and he's out a month-and-a-half.
That means no second line to start the short, 48-game season in Vancouver, when it was depth and high-end skill that took the Canucks to the Cup in '11.
Even head coach Alain Vigneault had lost his sense of humour somewhat when he addressed the media on Tuesday, sans the winks and one-liners that often punctuate a Vigneault news conference.
"My job is to play with the players who are available to our team and we've got quite a few hockey players available, good hockey players," Vigneault said. "Like we've always done, we're going to find a way to make this work."
There is a school of thought that suggests Vancouver's injury woes could expedite a Roberto Luongo trade, but we see it from the opposite angle. If the offers did not please GM Mike Gillis' eye before the Booth injury was announced, they're not apt to get any better now that he's in a position of weakness.
Though it must be said, with his situation at forward, a poor start could strip Gillis of his ability to remain patient.
It's amazing, isn't it, how a club can go from Game 7 of a Stanley Cup final to the position the Canucks are in so quickly?
Entering a 48-game season minus Kesler and Booth -- with names like Mikael Samuelsson, Christian Ehrhoff, Sami Salo and the constant threat that was the menace Raffi Torres now in the rearview mirror -- how do you look at these Canucks the same way we did only a few months ago?
Nobody has better goaltending, with Luongo and Cory Schneider, but how long can Gillis sit on a backup of Luongo's caliber when his needs at forward are so acute?
As for the second line, we can't improve on how Jason Botchford worded it in the Vancouver Province: "When you start calling any combination of Zack Kassian, Andrew Ebbett, Mason Raymond and (Jordan) Schroeder a second line, others are going to label you desperate."
Of that group, only Raymond is a legit second line NHL player. And he's a No. 5 or 6 forward on a good team. Kassian, Ebbett and Schroeder have 207 NHL games between them, and the latter two are 5-foot-9 or shorter.
So the formula that was once in place -- where lines 2-4 were adept enough to draw the penalties that the Sedins would capitalize on -- is in jeopardy.
The Canucks No. 1 line used to wear out the opponent's top defensive pairing. And there is no reason to think that will stop.
But does Vancouver still have the advantage when the second and third lines hop the boards against second and third D-pairings? That advantage has vastly diminished, if it exists at all.
Is the unit of Chris Higgins, Maxim Lapierre and Jannick Hansen a legit second line? Or more of a third unit, when you consider that all third- and fourth-line players back in the spring of '11?
What about preparedness? Vancouver had almost nobody playing overseas or in the AHL, save for Schneider's eight games in Switzerland.
Will Jason Garrison be ample replacement for Christian Ehrhoff or Sami Salo, two mainstays the last time Vancouver was a playoff winner. Can he close a 5-on-3 as Salo used to, with one of the finest one-timers in the game?
Or does he work out the way the last two acquisitions from Florida have for Gillis, as Keith Ballard and Booth have both been expensive flops.
Inside the Northwest Division, Minnesota is a tougher foe this season, and Edmonton will likely take a few points from the Canucks that, over the past many seasons, have been a lock for Vancouver.
It is the team in blue and green that is the problem for Canucks fans right now, however. A team that was supposed to be more than a one-year wonder Cup contender.

#183 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I must confess I too was a little taken aback that some Canucks turned down the opportunity to swan through Europe this summer.

The south of France is simply exquisite in late June.

Edited by riffraff, 16 January 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#184 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I find it rather telling for those that have bashed the OP, humiliated him and even denigrated him.
Personally,I feel that this team should secure a playoff berth without more problems but I do sense troubles getting out of the gate and matching up to SC contending clubs without a real second line.

Spector,a senior columnist and journalist,actually paid to write about hockey,presented the near textbook photocopy of the King's offering:

Spoiler

Already been posted elsewhere in this forum........hate to think there might have been any plagiarism involved. :sadno:

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 16 January 2013 - 11:23 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#185 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Don't be too hard on King - they don't have tides over there in Chicago.

Oh, the tide just turned back...

Hey King: tides have a way of doing that.

Twice a day lol.

#186 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Troy from white rock is that you???

Joey from Boston is that you???

sucking up to Deb

LOL :lol:

And you don't suck up to King????

zackass.png

#187 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Spoiler

Spector is from Edmonton**, and as Oldnews points out he loves taking shots at our team, I also find alot of media guys from other cities tend to not know much about our team at all really beyond what you can see at first glance. (Just look at Damien cox earlier today)

Perhaps he is just saying that so he doesn't have to write a story about how much the Oilers or Leafs suck, and would rather pile some negativity on the top team in the country.

If it was someone who I know follows the team and actually knows what's going on (And isn't a bonehead) then I would put some merrit into it, but this guy just seems too Anti Canuck to me to really put any heavy consideration into it.

After all it is just his opinion, no greater than yours or mine, and his opinion comes from afar away vantage point.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 17 January 2013 - 12:28 AM.

zackass.png

#188 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I actually somewhat agree with ES. I don't predict the Canucks will miss the playoffs, but I think they could easily miss the playoffs if they're not careful. Let's be honest, our offence is going to probably suck without Booth/Kesler. You don't throw out potentially 50-70 goal pace scoring (pace as in a full season) between the two without a bit of a slide in the standings. People think Schroeder and Kassian are going to make up for those goals? Not going to happen until they get way more experience.

If the Canucks have any success this season we're going to have to be lights out on defence. I think that's quite possible though, with Garrison, Schneider and our depth D-signings, it could happen. I just don't expect the Canucks to have high end offence with basically one line capable of putting up serious points.

Edited by Moonshinefe, 16 January 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#189 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Why should I be banned for this? And how is this trolling? I'm making an opinion - which I've backed up with reasons.

Deb, I take it that you don't often get out of your CDC bubble, but I assure you that this a pretty common opinion amongst people elsewhere. Listen to the radio. Read newspapers. A lot of people have high concerns about this team. I happen to be one of them.

:lol: People have concerns about the 2nd line, yes.

But It isn't a common opinion that we will miss the playoffs and that the Flames will win the Division. LOL

zackass.png

#190 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Spector is from Toronto, I find most of the media guys their know little to nothing about our team (Just look at Damien cox earlier today)

Perhaps he is just saying that so he doesn't have to write a story about how much the Leafs suck, and would rather pile some negativity on the top team in the country.

If it was someone who I know follows the team and actually knows what's going on (And isn't a bonehead) then I would put some merrit into it, but this guy just seems to Leaf biased to me to really put any heavy consideration into it.

After all it is just his opinion, no greater than yours or mine, and his opinion comes from afar away vantage point.

Spector is from Edmonton Smashian.

He was spoiled rotten by the Oil and Eskimos - and then obviously turned very bitter lol, when his expectations came crashing back to earth at the end of the 80s....

His two favorite pastimes are taking shots at the Canucks, and taking shots at the Flames. Naturally.

Edited by oldnews, 17 January 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#191 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

why do i even open your threads. :picard:
Posted Image

#192 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

I hope you are wrong, but your prediction points are all reasonable.....unless MG works some magic.

#193 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

The king of the ES is actually Tony Gallagher in disguise :shock:

Tony Gallagher could use a disguise. As for King of the PS? He has an opinion that he has a right to speak on the message boards.

Is it a valuable opinion? No. It is far too entrenched in King's personal hatred for Gillis and his assumptions as far as I can tell are based solely on conjecture.

This is nothing new though folks. King is an internet narcissist. He loves the attention. Don't you King?
Posted Image

#194 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

In a sentence, I am officially predicting that the Vancouver Canucks will MISS the playoffs in 2013.

Here's why:

-Goaltending fiasco. Don't care about PC responses from the players or the GM, this will be a major distraction that will have an adverse effect on team morale. Awkward locker room. Poor allocation of cap dollars. I've said for a long time that the Canucks really missed the boat by not trading Schneider for something that could've seriously helped up in a Cup run last year, and it will for a long time be a regret of ours, IMO. Whatever we get for Luongo will be unexciting and we'll still have a relatively unproven goalie backstopping an alleged "team built to win now". Not a good combination.

-Complacency. Why didn't anybody go to Europe? Practicing with the UBC team is hardly an adequate preparation for the season. Makes me think that this bunch has largely lost their hunger. A 5-game post-season exit last year adds credence to this thought. By not going to Europe/Russia, the message in essence is that they'd rather stay in their posh Vancouver homes than be bothered to go try and compete to help stay sharp. Not a good sign. Of course, this doesn't include everybody, but the vast majority of the team chose to not play hockey in the downtime. I expect it to cost them.

-Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

-Edmonton has gotten better. Justin Schultz is going to be a star. I like the Fistric acquisition a lot. Dubnyk was very good at the Spengler Cup. Heavy momentum going into the year. Key guys are already in mid-season form.

-Minnesota has gotten better. Granlund, Parise, & Suter should all have an immediate and material impact.

David Booth's injury announcement yesterday just makes me more confident that this is one of those years where essentially everything's going to go wrong for the Canucks. The Jason Garrison signing is also one that I was/am vehemently against. Don't expect it to turn out good. Sami Salo's presence on the back end will be sorely missed.

And no, I am not "hating", so please don't suggest that I am. This is an opinion of mine that I am fully entitled to. Feel free to debate and/or include your own prediction.

1. Yes you have said it many times and you have missed the mark every single time. Trading him before for a lesser value would have looked like a rediculously stupid move right now, and judging by how you critique everything we do my guess is that you would have aborted your opinion and jumped on the bandwagon aswell. I'm glad you are in the locker room to tell use how distracting it is, everyone in the locker room will tell u that the only time it is a distraction is when the Media guys walk in, Bieksa even said it himself.

2. Europe isn't always the greatest idea, you can still stay in shape by staying here, your timing might be off but that is what these scrimmages are for, as I said it can go either way, look at some of the key injures that have happened, imagine if Giroux's injury was more serious and he missed the start of the year, our timing will be back in time, it can be good but the risk is just as high if not higher than the potential "reward"

3. :picard: :picard: :picard:

Cammalleri wasn't a late season acusition (not that it matters, my facepalms were about Jokinen, that just helps prove u don't know what you are talking about)

So your saying the guy who was probably their best, most consistent player last year when everyone else was terrible, your saying getting rid of him was "addition by subtraction", that's subtraction by subtraction, you think our center ice spot is bad? They don't even have 1 legitimate 2nd line/top 6 calibre center, they are using Wingers to fill the spot, so letting your best center walk is suddenly a great move? When Backlund is there top legit center on the depth chart, I don't think you know what your talking about here, And Wideman is a great PP guy that they overpaid for, and is risky defensively, if this guy struggles like Ehrhoff did early last year in buffalo (and even he is better defensively than Wideman) after being handed a huge deal, it will look terrible.

4. Edmonton has gotten better, but nothing about their team is playoff calibre outside of the top 6, their defense isn't strong enough, their goaltending isn't strong enough, unless Dubnyk breaks out in a major way and wins the Vezina, I just don't see it. And Schultz might be a star, but he isn't now, right now he is a rookie who has never played an NHL game, we will see what happens.

5. Minnesota obviously got better, still don't see him as a playoff team though honestly, and I don't think they are better than us, that defense isn't very good after Suter, even their's might be worse than Edmontons. Goaltending has depth their, but they are inconsistent, Backstrom can be very inconsistent and who knows if Harding can make up for that and the defense infront of him.

I really want to know what your basis is for your hate on Garrison? Is it cause he is coming for Florida? Cause to me the only reason you feel that way is because Ballard came their and didn't live up to expectations early on, you never address any of what Garrison actually brings which is better than Sami IMO, he is exactly like Sami defensively expect bigger, more physical, he is also more Mobile, and offensively it is even IMO, plus he is younger and not injury prone, huge Sami fan but Garrison is the better player, would love to finally hear a valid reason as to why you hate on him so much.

Your not taking variables into consideration before making this incredible predicitons, what if Iginla or Tanguay or Cammalleri or Kipper goes in the 1st week? What if Eberle or Hall or RNH go down (2 of those are definete possibilities) goes down? What if Parise or Suter goes down? Those team are all done, playoffs hopes instantly gone, with us we still have the depth to recover despite missing 2 top 6 forwards. That's not being Canuck biased that's the truth, no team in our division would stand a chance of making the playoffs if they suffered the key injuries we have, we actually have the depth at forward and all round depth elsewhere to recover aswell as a trump card waiting in our back pocket with Luongo who could add some more useful pieces.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 17 January 2013 - 12:22 AM.

zackass.png

#195 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Spector is from Edmonton Smashian.

He was spoiled rotten by the Oil and Eskimos - and then obviously turned very bitter lol, when his expectations came crashing back to earth at the end of the 80s....

His two favorite pastimes are taking shots at the Canucks, and taking shots at the Flames. Naturally.

Alright I was wrong, still from what I have seen of him (which has been alot lately) he doesn't see Canuck-Friendly or even Canuck-respectful, as you say he loves taking shots at us.

Again if it was someone who follows this team closely and isn't a bonehead who likes being negative/doesn't know what they are talking about (Say Farhan Lalji, the guy seems great) Then I would give the article some consideration, but putting 100% stock into something written by someone who isn't even close enough to assess to the situation fairly and accurately beyond face value, doesn't seem like an accurate "source" to me.

zackass.png

#196 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Alright I was wrong, still from what I have seen of him (which has been alot lately) he doesn't see Canuck-Friendly or even Canuck-respectful, as you say he loves taking shots at us.

Again if it was someone who follows this team closely and isn't a bonehead who likes being negative/doesn't know what they are talking about (Say Farhan Lalji, the guy seems great) Then I would give the article some consideration, but putting 100% stock into something written by someone who isn't even close enough to assess to the situation fairly and accurately beyond face value, doesn't seem like an accurate "source" to me.

Spector is entertainment - not credibility. The majority of his own readers flame him all the time. His style is highly opinionated as opposed to 'reasonable' and convincing - and he likes to use hooks to incite responses. It sells. He can be entertaining. He can be annoying. I don't take him very seriously. You never know what'll be the next thing out of his mouth. Sometimes 'serious' and 'respectful' - on the other hand, i if you read what he has to say about "Rats"...
My personal favorite is his Open Letter to Canucks fans. Very entertaining - and imo a rather appropriate shot at people who complain too much about Luongo.

#197 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Spector is entertainment - not credibility. The majority of his own readers flame him all the time. His style is highly opinionated as opposed to 'reasonable' and convincing - and he likes to use hooks to incite responses. It sells. He can be entertaining. He can be annoying. I don't take him very seriously. You never know what'll be the next thing out of his mouth. Sometimes 'serious' and 'respectful' - on the other hand, i if you read what he has to say about "Rats"...
My personal favorite is his Open Letter to Canucks fans. Very entertaining - and imo a rather appropriate shot at people who complain too much about Luongo.

Summed it up perfectly with that sentence my friend.

zackass.png

#198 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Lol
Posted Image

#199 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Can't wait to bump this thread in late April
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#200 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Hey King - what do you see in your cards for the Leafs this year?

This is a critical juncture for them, and IMO it all depends on how their first 10 games go.

If they start out hot, I could certainly see them being a lower-seed playoff team. If not, though, they might begin to aggressively start dumping assets - doing a proper rebuild, if you will. Connolly, Lupul, MacArthur, Bozak, and Steckel are all UFAs after this year, so they could go into full distribution mode pretty quickly, to start accumulating picks/prospects. Like I've suggested on other threads, maybe Nonis has a target of Nate MacKinnon, Connor McDavid, or both. And if he does, you can kiss any thoughts of Luongo going to the Leafs as goodbye.

#201 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

1. Yes you have said it many times and you have missed the mark every single time. Trading him before for a lesser value would have looked like a rediculously stupid move right now, and judging by how you critique everything we do my guess is that you would have aborted your opinion and jumped on the bandwagon aswell.

The whole plan was to showcase Schneider for a trade, which should've happened. The fact that it didn't was a big mistake.

3. :picard: :picard: :picard:

Cammalleri wasn't a late season acusition (not that it matters, my facepalms were about Jokinen, that just helps prove u don't know what you are talking about)

You're an Olli Jokinen fan? :lol:

The guy is awful. Made the playoffs once in his career (turns 35 this year) and never beyond the 1st round. Rumblings about being a locker room cancer have to have at least partial validity. Getting rid of him was a benefit to the Flames.

I really want to know what your basis is for your hate on Garrison? Is it cause he is coming for Florida? Cause to me the only reason you feel that way is because Ballard came their and didn't live up to expectations early on, you never address any of what Garrison actually brings which is better than Sami IMO, he is exactly like Sami defensively expect bigger, more physical, he is also more Mobile, and offensively it is even IMO, plus he is younger and not injury prone, huge Sami fan but Garrison is the better player, would love to finally hear a valid reason as to why you hate on him so much.

"Hate". Pretty strong word, don't you think? Hasn't proven nearly enough IMO to justify such a rich contract. Because I don't like the signing, I "hate" him?

Your not taking variables into consideration before making this incredible predicitons, what if Iginla or Tanguay or Cammalleri or Kipper goes in the 1st week? What if Eberle or Hall or RNH go down (2 of those are definete possibilities) goes down? What if Parise or Suter goes down? Those team are all done, playoffs hopes instantly gone, with us we still have the depth to recover despite missing 2 top 6 forwards.

OK, but what if the Sedin's go down?

#202 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,934 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

The whole plan was to showcase Schneider for a trade, which should've happened. The fact that it didn't was a big mistake.

Wait now you're saying we should have traded Schneider instead of Luongo? :rolleyes:

Aren't you the one who constantly reminds us how bad Luongo is?

Edited by DeNiro, 17 January 2013 - 05:27 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#203 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

I seriously think the Canucks should tank this year and try to get one of the top picks in this year's draft, preferably MacKinnon (to replace Henrik, once he retires). This is the best time to do it, with the shorten season and 2/3 of our 2nd line out. Sit out Kesler this year, so he could be fully health going into next season.

Let's face it, no one wants a tainted Cup, nor no one will remember this season even existed.

f9mgqu.png

#204 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

But It isn't a common opinion that we will miss the playoffs and that the Flames will win the Division. LOL

Taking into consideration that everyone has something of value should be celebrated and not ridiculed.

Alright I was wrong, still from what I have seen of him (which has been alot lately) he doesn't see Canuck-Friendly or even Canuck-respectful.....
Again if it was someone who follows this team closely and isn't a bonehead who likes being negative/doesn't know what they are talking about Then I would give the article some consideratin....

You might consider he has enough talent to have a career writing.You keep providing us with such ironic quotes,Smasshian.

Spector is entertainment - not credibility.

I love it when bloggers call down pro journalists like they do pro athletes.

#205 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

And you don't suck up to King????

I enjoy the opinions of those that provide alternative views to those of the majority.
The King puts himself out there and as his views are sometimes contrary or different makes him unique and interesting.
The road less travelled is the road I am on so ,yeah,I like his style.
At my age sucking is something that no longer exists in my vocabulary but you go boy,or girl.

#206 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,025 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

MG did that with Hodgson and you got mad. Now you're mad he didn't with Schneider. The difference being Schneider played well enough to steal Luongo's spot, while Hodgson didn't play well enough to steal Henrik or Keslers spots. As usual, you have it backwards. Trading Hodgson = correct, while trading Schneider = incorrect.

You're an Olli Jokinen fan? :lol:

The guy is awful. Made the playoffs once in his career (turns 35 this year) and never beyond the 1st round. Rumblings about being a locker room cancer have to have at least partial validity. Getting rid of him was a benefit to the Flames.

What does making the playoffs have to do with how good an individual is? I must assume you also believe Nash sucks as he's only made the playoffs once as well. Making the playoffs requires a tad more than one individual. Something about a team involved.....

"Hate". Pretty strong word, don't you think? Hasn't proven nearly enough IMO to justify such a rich contract. Because I don't like the signing, I "hate" him?

And yet he was offered more by other teams. You have no concept of market values.

OK, but what if the Sedin's go down?

What if Schroeder scores 20 goals?
What if Garrison scores 20 goals?
What if Kassian scores 25 goals?
What if Raymond scores 50 goals?
What if the sun doesn't come up?
Aren't "what ifs" fun?????
Posted Image

#207 Ourgodluongo

Ourgodluongo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Honestly I think the Canucks will be ok. I'd rather have a couple top 6 forwards injured rather than our top D. We will survive until kesler and booth get back. I have a feeling Arnott will sign with the team. Making him the second line center, third line center when kes is back.
Vancouver Canucks 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champions!

#208 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

OK King, but here's what we're doing....we're holding you to this and, when it falls apart (your theory that is) then it's ban time? (your inner troll is shining through)

Can you ban him for a decently structured and some might say logical post.

I agree with him but for virtually none of these reasons.
I think for 3 years now we have failed to improve. The writing was on the wall last year in the SC. Other teams are improving (I pointed it out at the beginning of last season, naming names and showing how our rivals were getting bigger and more aggressive)

I think it will be disastrous to let Luongo go.

I think we have needed for a hell of a long time someone big and gritty up there with the Sedins and a big winger on the 2nd line who could alternate with Daniel.

Our defence is too light and apart from middle weights like Ballard and Bieksa lacks an aggressive big body presence to protect our goalie.

We keep signing projects and deadbeats who are actually not ready/fit to play with our team. It is high time we supported the cream in this team with the type of guys they deserve.
Kevin.jpg

#209 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,025 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

You might consider he has enough talent to have a career writing.You keep providing us with such ironic quotes,Smasshian.

Will Ferrell has a rather successful acting career despite being a horrendously bad actor.

I enjoy the opinions of those that provide alternative views to those of the majority.
The King puts himself out there and as his views are sometimes contrary or different makes him unique and interesting.
The road less travelled is the road I am on so ,yeah,I like his style.
At my age sucking is something that no longer exists in my vocabulary but you go boy,or girl.

I'm truly beginning to think you and King are actually one person. If not, you are certainly the other nut in the same sack.
Posted Image

#210 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

I seriously think the Canucks should tank this year and try to get one of the top picks in this year's draft, preferably MacKinnon (to replace Henrik, once he retires). This is the best time to do it, with the shorten season and 2/3 of our 2nd line out. Sit out Kesler this year, so he could be fully health going into next season.

Let's face it, no one wants a tainted Cup, nor no one will remember this season even existed.

New Jersey says hello..tanking does nothing to secure the 1st pick in the draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.