The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tide Has Turned in Vancouver: A Prediction

King of the ES

Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

Playing in Europe isn't always a good thing.

Ask a Kings fan how thrilled they are that Anze Kopitar went to Europe. And I'm sure the Sharks are pleased to be without Jason Demers for 4-6 weeks after breaking his wrist at the Spengler Cup.

Sorry, King, I would disagree with you on this one. Although, it won't be a cakewalk as the past 2 years, they will still make the playoffs. They still have the Sedins and they have great blue liners and goaltending. They also have a system in place. I won't be surprised if they switch to the trap under AV if it looks like the season will be in peril.

Props to you though for posting your opinion knowing how hostile CDC can be when they see an opinion different from theirs.

Actually, I think there will come a time when we have to remove the word forum in these pages as there's a treat of ban if your thinking is different from the mainstream.

CDC - the one-sided forum...

Sorry, King, I would disagree with you on this one. Although, it won't be a cakewalk as the past 2 years, they will still make the playoffs. They still have the Sedins and they have great blue liners and goaltending. They also have a system in place. I won't be surprised if they switch to the trap under AV if it looks like the season will be in peril.

Props to you though for posting your opinion knowing how hostile CDC can be when they see an opinion different from theirs.

Actually, I think there will come a time when we have to remove the word forum in these pages as there's a treat of ban if your thinking is different from the mainstream.

CDC - the one-sided forum...

This is silly.

There are plenty of people with different opinion; negative or otherwise on this site who don't get reported or warned or threatened to be banned. This whining that this would have anything to do with having a differing opinion is bunk.

This is silly.

There are plenty of people with different opinion; negative or otherwise on this site who don't get reported or warned or threatened to be banned. This whining that this would have anything to do with having a differing opinion is bunk.

I don't think it's a stretch to suggest the team will take a good drop in standings this year, i think it is a long stretch to think that they will miss the playoffs but it certainly has happened before.

What really amazes me is the post by the female mod who seems way out of line.

To be honest if you look at the West itself, your right, when you say Edmonton, and maybe Minnesota has improved. How much did improve? Did they improve enough to be a playoff team? Or maybe from last place team, to a bottom 10 team, thats an improvement, but not a big enough step. Minnesota improved, however, Nashville, and Detroit took a step back for sure, with both teams losing a star defencemen.

Archived