lol

#242 nuxforever

nuxforever

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Seriously dude...We can complain about a lot of things about our team but as a true fan you have to believe that they will make the playoffs. Coz that's what fans do. We will complain about all the things you have listed but will still rally behind our team to win it all......

What do you want? Props when they don't make the playoffs......

So go ahead complain about all things u feel are wrong but don't give up hope dude.....
Posted Image

waiting for the day to hear the announcer say........"As the clock winds down. They have done it! Ladies and Gentleman, Your Vancouver Canucks are STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

#243 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,741 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Let's face it, no one wants a tainted Cup, nor no one will remember this season even existed.

Screw that...a Cup's a Cup. This team has been waiting 42+ years for it - "tainted" or not, it's damn time this team won it.

Besides, where are the whiners saying the 95 NJD Cup was also "tainted?"

#244 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Screw that...a Cup's a Cup. This team has been waiting 42+ years for it - "tainted" or not, it's damn time this team won it.

Besides, where are the whiners saying the 95 NJD Cup was also "tainted?"

Shiz was joking.

aXmDa9t.gif

#245 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Worked in Chicago, worked in Pittsburgh. I won't yet say that it's "worked" in Edmonton, but a lot of people are justifiably excited about their future. The places that it hasn't worked is in Columbus and Long Island.

Probably not coincidental that the places that it's been successful are well-run organizations, with good history's, and with good fan support, of which Toronto is all.

Also, "lottery picks" is a bit vague, I'm talking top 1 - 3 picks for 2 - 3 years.

Sorry King - it doesn't work that way anymore.
The NHL has changed the draft format - they've decided not to reward losing as dramatically as before - now every team that misses the playoffs has a shot.

Edited by oldnews, 17 January 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#246 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Exactly.

Exactly.

Once again, EXACTLY!

EXACTLY

While we're at it King - how did the Bs make out in the playoffs last year?
I think they may have lost to the utterly unimpressive Capitals in the first round.

Shall we write Boston off as well?

They also blew a 3-0 lead to the Flyers the year before their Cup.

S3!t happens.

#247 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,436 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

I enjoy the opinions of those that provide alternative views to those of the majority.
The King puts himself out there and as his views are sometimes contrary or different makes him unique and interesting.
The road less travelled is the road I am on so ,yeah,I like his style.
At my age sucking is something that no longer exists in my vocabulary but you go boy,or girl.

Alright nuck, I respect your reply.

zackass.png

#248 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,436 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

The whole plan was to showcase Schneider for a trade, which should've happened. The fact that it didn't was a big mistake.

Actually the fact that it didn't is an amazing "mistake", we trade him for less than full value, he goes elsewhere (say tampa) and makes them a top contender and develops into one of the best in league, and what are we stuck with? Malone and a late 1st?

On the other hand we are keeping our franchise goalie (in the making) and he will make our team very good for a along time, his value is only going up, and you also have to take into account how much value the player will have for your team when dealing with certain players, just like in Cody's case and just like in this case with Lu and Schneids, we did that and will benefit from it.

Keeping Schneider was the right move.

You're an Olli Jokinen fan? :lol:

The guy is awful. Made the playoffs once in his career (turns 35 this year) and never beyond the 1st round. Rumblings about being a locker room cancer have to have at least partial validity. Getting rid of him was a benefit to the Flames.

:lol:

I would love to hear where you are getting this, this guy wouldn't have been a captain in Florida and an assistant with the Flames if he was a "locker room cancer", and nice to actual reply with reasonable logic "hasn't made it past the 1st round" yeah cause that is all a fault of his. you are reaching.

Not a fan by anymeans but he was their most consistent preforming and one of the leaders on the team, losing him (a proven top 6 center) without replacing him with anyone who is a proven top 6 center, is atrouciously bad for them, who are they going to have fill his spot? Backlund? Cervaneka? Is Cammalleri or Tanguay going to slide over?

It wasn't beneficial at all for them to lose him I'll just say that.

"Hate". Pretty strong word, don't you think? Hasn't proven nearly enough IMO to justify such a rich contract. Because I don't like the signing, I "hate" him?

Rich contract? Ya it's a nice deal but he did take less to be here, I don't think you know enough about him to make a fair assessment, yeah he has a cannon, ya he is great offensively, but if he doesn't reach 16 goals again is the signing a bust? of course not, we didn't hand him that huge deal expecting him to put up 20 goals and 50 points, we handed it too him because he is great defensively, big, young, mobile, stead, reliable, durable, and has the offensive tools that make him all that much more valuable, and judging by AV's comments on him, and judging by what my friend told me last night (he went to the scrimmage) I'm pretty happy with the signing, a huge addition this guy is better than most probably think, probably better than Bieksa.

OK, but what if the Sedin's go down?

No sure how this has anything to do with my post.. But I do know from experience you like to dodge things you can't reply too.

Were screwed just like any team would, fortunately Henrik is made of steel is seems and Danny seems pretty durabile aswell.

But just like any team in our divison if they all lost 4 of their top 6 forwards, they would all end up in the bottom 5 in the league,

imagine if Calgary lost Iginla, Cammalleri, Tanguay and Hudler.

Imagine if Edmonton lost RNH, Eberle, Hall and Yakupov.

Imagine if Colorado lost Duchene, Stastny, Landeskog and O'Reilly.

Imagine if Minnesota lost Koivu, Parise, Heatley, Setoguchi,

Imagine if LA lost Kopitar, Richards, Brown and Carter

Imagine if Boston lost Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin and Lucic

Imagine if Chicago lost Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa

Losing 4 of your top 6 forwards has the same effect on every team as you can see, not sure what point you are trying to make.

zackass.png

#249 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,436 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Taking into consideration that everyone has something of value should be celebrated and not ridiculed.

So your kinda backtracking on the originial comment I replied too, everyone can say their opinion aslong as they are actually trying to contribute to the conversation and not trolling and trying to aggravate fans, but to say that is a popular opinion in which is wasn't is just incorrect.

You might consider he has enough talent to have a career writing.You keep providing us with such ironic quotes,Smasshian.

Your should probably take into account that he has a clear bias Nuck.

zackass.png

#250 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#251 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,436 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'm fine with trading Hodgson, I'm not fine with trading him for a guy that added nothing to the team in a Cup-contending year at the trade deadline.

Tell that to Smashian Kassian, who my "what if" was directed towards.

Obviously you don't understand the dynamics of the Hodgson deal.

And tell what to me? Your the one who came up with the what if, I was only presenting a fair and logical point that any team in our division that is in our spot would not be a playoff team at all, atleast it seems we are still a playoff team.

zackass.png

#252 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,436 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, how'd that work out? Who'd he shut down?

Critical error.

I'm not saying that he's overpaid. I'm saying that it was a bad signing. I'm saying that there's far too much risk - look at his resume, it's practically bare at the age of 28 - for that kind of term.

Lol who did Pahlsson shut down? Who would Coho have shut down? He would have been shutdown offensively by checking center's in been put in lockdown mode on the bench in crucial situations.

AV is our coach, I can't believe people honestly expected having Hodgson would have been alot better than Pahlsson.

Again you are saying it is a bad signing before you even know enough about him to even make an accurate judgement, why am I not surprised.

Why can't either of you answer the simple question that I asked?

So Ironic.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 17 January 2013 - 05:25 PM.

zackass.png

#253 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

In all honesty I would not be surprised if the Canucks did miss the playoffs. A shortened season is one where anything can happen. If the Canucks get off to their typical slow start they may not have the time to recover. I think they are still a playoff team mind you, but I don't think it is an impossible scenario to have them stumble this season.

One thing I do agree with is that this team's core players did not look hungry last year heading into the playoffs and they need to be to win the cup. Heart beats this turn the other cheek BS every time.

#254 DCR

DCR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

In all honesty I would not be surprised if the Canucks did miss the playoffs. A shortened season is one where anything can happen. If the Canucks get off to their typical slow start they may not have the time to recover. I think they are still a playoff team mind you, but I don't think it is an impossible scenario to have them stumble this season.

One thing I do agree with is that this team's core players did not look hungry last year heading into the playoffs and they need to be to win the cup. Heart beats this turn the other cheek BS every time.

I agree, I doubt the Canucks will miss the playoffs, but it is possible. I actually think winning the division and coming in as either the number 2 or 3 seed in the West (between 2nd and 6th in the West by points) is the most likely scenario, but I'm not going to go out on a limb and say what will happen before the first game is played.

But there's a world of difference between recognizing that the team could miss the playoffs given the circumstances of a shortened season and stating that they will miss the playoffs despite being essentially the same team that won the President's Trophy two years running, and that's where I disagree with the OP. I also find his arguments in defense of his position to be both specious and pernicious, which doesn't help his position.

#255 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Your should probably take into account that he has a clear bias

You should probably give up trying to pretend that you're 'objective' or know more than you actually do.

#256 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,436 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

You should probably give up trying to pretend that you're 'objective' or know more than you actually do.

I'm more objective than alot of people here, and I do know more about the value of other teams players and dynamics behind moves and thinking things through from all angles than some people judging by some proposals & discussions I see on here.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 17 January 2013 - 08:28 PM.

zackass.png

#257 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

The NHL has changed the draft format - they've decided not to reward losing as dramatically as before - now every team that misses the playoffs has a shot.

I'm not sure about this but I suspect that it follows the NBA's model. So whoever finishes last can't get worse than, say, 3rd pick. And whoever finishes 14th can't move up higher than 3 spots or so.

#258 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Actually the fact that it didn't is an amazing "mistake", we trade him for less than full value, he goes elsewhere (say tampa) and makes them a top contender and develops into one of the best in league, and what are we stuck with? Malone and a late 1st?

So instead we're trading Luongo for - much - less than full value.

Ryan Malone would've looked great on this team last year.

I would love to hear where you are getting this, this guy wouldn't have been a captain in Florida and an assistant with the Flames if he was a "locker room cancer", and nice to actual reply with reasonable logic "hasn't made it past the 1st round" yeah cause that is all a fault of his. you are reaching.

Barnaby said it on TSN when he was moved from Phoenix to Calgary. Looking at what happened to Calgary after they acquired him, and during his time there, I think that offers confirmation. Not a good teammate.

#259 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Obviously you don't understand the dynamics of the Hodgson deal.

O wise one, please do explain them to me.

#260 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

It still makes no difference. The NHL still continues to award losers with high draft picks. The last place team for example still can only drop to 2nd in the drafting order so this does nothing to discourage losing. And the likelyhood of the 14th place team winning the lottery is still like 0.5%, as in once in 200 years. So no there is no advantage in missing the playoffs unless you tank so you are guaranteed a high pick. Expect to see the Jackets drafting Seth Jones/Nathan McKinnon.

Edited by Toews, 18 January 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#261 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,436 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

O wise one, please do explain them to me.

It's very very simple if u have paid any attention to mine and Baggins post's on this.

#1 He didn't want to be here (That's the key)
#2 We kept him throughout the year to build his value up, then we waited for the right young player to come avaliable
#3 When a young player was made avaliable that was a huge need, was something we wanted we acted upon it and made the deal
#4 We got a younger player, and in hindsight it was the right thing rather than getting an average top 6 forward that might have ended up costing Edler.

Pretty simple.

zackass.png

#262 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,436 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

So instead we're trading Luongo for - much - less than full value.

Ryan Malone would've looked great on this team last year.

How would Ryan Malone look this year in contrast to how good Schneider looks? And how good would Malone look next season when Edler isn't on our team.

Way to live in the past. trading Lu is the right move for a # of reasons.

Barnaby said it on TSN when he was moved from Phoenix to Calgary. Looking at what happened to Calgary after they acquired him, and during his time there, I think that offers confirmation. Not a good teammate.

.....?

So your pinning there failures on him? Still nothing concrete. No reason to believe he is when he has been a captain and one of the captains on alot of teams.

zackass.png

#263 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

You lost me when you cited Baggins as a source or relevance.

Again,Smasshian,you have zero credibility repeating dishonest information.You do not have one tiniest piece of real evidence(as in a real quote from Hodgson) that Cody cited he wanted to be moved.

Go back and listen to Gillis' second year final presser.

Gillis said he makes it up as it goes along.Try to imagine that is how most folks operate on planet earth that improvise as they go.That is life.

I am hoping you are simply fairly young and therefore,just naiive.

#264 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

So we're 1/6th of the way through the season with a .625 win percentage and sitting on top of the division. A lot can change between now and the playoffs but I'm predicting the tide isn't turning very much at all. BTW last season the Canucks finished with a .664 winning percentage...just in case anybody needs any reference.

Edmonton has shown signs of improvement but has also shown how easily they fall apart. Still though you have to give credit where it is due. If they make the playoffs I predict they squeak in.

Minny looks like they did last season. A lot of flash but a lot of falling apart. Key guys aren't preforming very well for them. Minny's fate for the playoffs will either be that they won't make it or they will be reliant on other teams falling apart.

Colorado...who the hell knows what's going to happen.

THE ALL POWERFUL POWERHOUSE THAT IS THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL MOST IMPROVED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND INEVITABLE LEADERS OF THE NORTH WEST DIVISION...didn't improve at all. In fact they've been worse. They've also had less games this season than any other team but that means less train wrecks. You want to talk about a team that needs a rebuild...it's the flames.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 03 February 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#265 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Imo we are STILL too good to miss the playoffs, if we still have Lu that is. If Lu is gone all bets are off for me.

I just don't think we are big, bad or bold enough to win best of 7 hockey. We don't know if Kes will be totally back, we don't know if Booth WILL be back and we don't know what shape Kass and Garrison will be come the playoffs.

Remember this will be a sprint to the line this year an instead of taking our foot off the gas we may be in a dogfight to get to the playoffs. What effect that will have on some of our players.........who knows?
Kevin.jpg

#266 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

So we're 1/6th of the way through the season with a .625 win percentage and sitting on top of the division. A lot can change between now and the playoffs but I'm predicting the tide isn't turning very much at all. BTW last season the Canucks finished with a .664 winning percentage...just in case anybody needs any reference.

Edmonton has shown signs of improvement but has also shown how easily they fall apart. Still though you have to give credit where it is due. If they make the playoffs I predict they squeak in.

Minny looks like they did last season. A lot of flash but a lot of falling apart. Key guys aren't preforming very well for them. Minny's fate for the playoffs will either be that they won't make it or they will be reliant on other teams falling apart.

Colorado...who the hell knows what's going to happen.

THE ALL POWERFUL POWERHOUSE THAT IS THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL MOST IMPROVED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND INEVITABLE LEADERS OF THE NORTH WEST DIVISION...didn't improve at all. In fact they've been worse. They've also had less games this season than any other team but that means less train wrecks. You want to talk about a team that needs a rebuild...it's the flames.

You are too kind..................you left out the Flames suggestion :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#267 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Imo we are STILL too good to miss the playoffs, if we still have Lu that is. If Lu is gone all bets are off for me.

I just don't think we are big, bad or bold enough to win best of 7 hockey. We don't know if Kes will be totally back, we don't know if Booth WILL be back and we don't know what shape Kass and Garrison will be come the playoffs.

Remember this will be a sprint to the line this year an instead of taking our foot off the gas we may be in a dogfight to get to the playoffs. What effect that will have on some of our players.........who knows?

We play thirty-four less games this year. That alone is a point in the Canucks' favor. No more complacent, "save our energy for the playoffs" hockey at the end of the season, we play hard until the last game and go into the post-season at least with energy.

If this team is gong to be injury-riddled after 48 games, we don't deserve a shot at the cup anyway.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#268 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

The fanboys will disagree with you because you aren't predicting a Cup win, and their blind faith masks any attempt to actually look at the "real" picture.

Sadly, I agree with you. I'm a die-hard, have been for 35 years, but I have a bad feeling this year, essentially for all the reasons you stated. Players not going to Europe is a real concern of mine. I could easily see a 3 win and 7 loss start to the season, which will make it very tough on them.

Hope I'm wrong.

Don't worry. You were.
Posted Image

#269 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

One thing patently obvious - King can't tell the difference between the tide being in and the tide being out, let alone knowing when it is turning.

#270 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

You are too kind..................you left out the Flames suggestion :lol:

Are we talking real life of WTNFHL :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.