The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time To Make Some Moves

pasteve

It's time for Mike Gillis to get his @@@@ together.

Luongo needs to be traded ASAP - Yes, we want value but we need to be realistic. The time is now. Hopefully, we can get a decent young player now and a decent high draft pick that becomes another Tyler Seguin, or another another decent young player. I think the idea of Kadri and Bozak would be a decent trade if Gillis cant talk Nonis into it.

In addition to this, if Luongo moves, we will need an NHL goaltender to back up Schneider. I would suggest signing one of the following free agents:

G Dan Ellis

G Ty Conklin

G Justin Pogge

G Dwayne Roloson

Additionally, with key injuries to a now DEPLETED 2nd line, which now makes the Canucks too easy to play against, I would also suggest going after a couple more UFA's for a 1 year term.

For Center I would suggest Jason Arnott - he maybe aged, but he can still score and did pretty well in St.Louis. (This would help alleviate the Kesler injury)

For an additional Winger (to help out Booth's injury) I would suggest picking up: Ales Kotalik or Radek Dvorak - both bonafide snipers from their days although enigmatic. However, I still say this would help.

then Kesler and Booth comes backs and our bottom 9 looks like

Booth-Kesler-Raymond

Dvorak-Arnott-Kassian

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

What happens to manny, schroeder, ebbet, and other 4th liner.

Not to mention cap and waivers issues.

We traded Kassian for Hodgson and Schroeder is a 1st round pick that never had a chance in the NHL. Yes, it's good to develop prospect on the farm, but at one point they deserve a real chance, real top 6 minutes and knowing that if they makes mistakes they will continue to play. That is why AV needed to be gone this year (even though i think he's a good coach), to start fresh and give some young players a real chances

then Kesler and Booth comes backs and our bottom 9 looks like

Booth-Kesler-Raymond

Dvorak-Arnott-Kassian

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

What happens to manny, schroeder, ebbet, and other 4th liner.

Not to mention cap and waivers issues.

We traded Kassian for Hodgson and Schroeder is a 1st round pick that never had a chance in the NHL. Yes, it's good to develop prospect on the farm, but at one point they deserve a real chance, real top 6 minutes and knowing that if they makes mistakes they will continue to play. That is why AV needed to be gone this year (even though i think he's a good coach), to start fresh and give some young players a real chances

And a lot of cap problems and waiver. WE can't have 15 forwards on our roster. WE need to send some down. Schroeder will go easily, but other will have to clear waivers.PLus if Arnott and Dvorak play, less time for Kassian and Schroeder. They deserve a real chance and now is the time, otherwise they will never reach their potential

• 2 months later...

Well now......Look what I said prior to the start of this Locked Out Season. And now Mike Gillis being as bull headed stubborn as he has been, with not trading Luongo and getting a bonafide center to replace Kesler (who has pretty much been gone all but a few games for this shortened season) are now in danger of missing the playoffs.....Bravo. Additionally, there is now NO market for goalies of his ridiculous contract. If Mike Gillis, is reasonably smart, he will look at getting a good Center NOW before it's too late!!! Available for trade at this time is: Paul Stastny (although a big contract, but change could do him good). Steve Ott isn't a bad choice (but not really a scorer). The other choices available for trade include Mike Riberio (not bad but getting past his prime) and Tyler Bozak (still a decent young choice) and Derek Roy is a possiblitiy (Another decent choice)......

For all you naysayers at the beginning of the year who said let the youngsters step up, no need to find another center - well look how bad this year has gone and look what may happen (potentially missing the playoffs).

The time is NOW Gillis!!!! The Canucks have been erratic this year and alot of that has to do with the fact we are missing a 2nd line center - this has been a glaring problem since before the start of the season. If nothing gets done, and we miss the playoffs or are basically buried in the first round, based on this and the fact that Management didn't act accordingly and put in Schneider in the year we went to the cup (and if they had done so, we likely would have won)....I'm sorry to say it will be time for Mike Gillis to get FIRED.

I'm sorry, but it's time to vent.....I'm apalled that we have put our team in this position......MAKE MOVES NOW!!!!!

Archived