The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we split up the Sedins for the first month or so?

Bananas

I am sure I am the minority. But how bout let the highly experienced coaching staff pick the lines.

Instead of teenage boys here.

I know thats a wild expectation around here.

:picard:

So what your saying is we can't discuss this? not sure if you know what a Message board is for.

:sadno:

Ask Julien, Quenneville, Sutter, Babcock or Trotz if they got AV's company memo? They have already experimented with loading all their big guys on the Twins with Burrows.

Fact is it works, and if we dont have a 2knd line that makes them pay;our only option is to craft lines that compete physically. Unless you believe Kassian is a ready built top line forward who is going to forecheck, dig, fly up and down the ice (like Burrows) and do the dirty work??? (He doesn't in Chicago)

There is less time to amend failed experiments. 48 games go by quick.

True that, we will no longer have a punishing 2nd line to deter teams from focusing everything on the twins.

It's not just offense we have to think about. Splitting up the twins gives us a more rounded lineup, thus allowing us to roll the lines better. In turn the team should be fresher for the compact schedule, and healthier down the stretch.

It also allows us to make better lines defensively, add that to our stacked blue line and stud goal tending duo, we probably won't need to score very much.

We only play in conference games right? there's really no offensive juggernaut to worry about in the west, we can win battles of attrition early in the season while teams are still trying to click.

Hilarious! So many cdc'ers who keep saying "We tried splitting them up, it didn't work. End of story!"

Really?

We NEVER really gave them that much time apart... EVER. A smattering here and there, that is all.

When they were injured though, Henrik did really well with Daniel out, and vice-versa.

So with these things in mind, I just don't understand the arguement for NOT splitting them up while line 2 is injury-riddled.

^^ this^^ ....actually, when Daniel was out for an extended time. Hank went on to win his first Art Ross:-). not to mention in tight games (play-offs) they are canceled out by the oppositions top D. Keep them together on the PP but experiment with them split up for 5 on 5. Makes sense, then the opposition has to spreadout their top d pairing.

• 8 months later...

No. Just, no.

That is all.

Ditto....

Why does this come up every year?!?!?

8400d1352527684-how-about-no-bear.jpg

My thoughts were "No. No. Just....no." even before I read the first reply.

Really? So you want to give opposing checkers just one target per shift? When they play together, at least the other team has to worry about whom to cover.

They are 100% more effective on the same line. Always have been, always will be.

End of topic/

I get a kick out of this - it seems to come up every year.

The Sedins have always been far more effective together. Their chemistry is their greatest asset. Splitting them up has NEVER worked for the better. This isn't going to change.

Torts says hi

Maybe you should re-think that.

It's obvious that this thread is about a permanent separation - that is - that is what you inferred - not the odd line juggling.

It's obvious that the topic title says about a "month" of separation ..."or so"... So while not the odd line juggling, not permanent either.

"- that is - that is what you inferred" :blink:

It's obvious that the topic title says about a "month" of separation ..."or so"... So while not the odd line juggling, not permanent either.

"- that is - that is what you inferred" :blink:

A month or so is closer to permanent than the odd shift every game.

Stop trying to back track and take your foot out of your mouth and either take a position or walk away with your tail between your legs.

A month or so is closer to permanent than the odd shift every game.

Stop trying to back track and take your foot out of your mouth and either take a position or walk away with your tail between your legs.

Permanent:

Yup... a month or so, so roughly 1/6th of the season. Definitely too close to permanent. 12-ish games... HUGE compared to "the odd shift". SO PERMANENT :rolleyes:

Are you going to contradict yourself again? Or are you going to "walk away with your tail between your legs"?

Archived