• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex the Great

[Waivers] Scott Gomez Placed On Waivers By MTL For Purpose of Buyout

64 posts in this topic

Kypreos says Vancouver, Carolina and Anaheim kicking tires when it comes to Gomez moments ago on Sportsnet HockeyCentral.

Earlier on TSN's Season Preview, can't remember what commentator but he said Carolina, Anaheim and San Jose interested in Gomez.

I'll shake my head if we waste a penny of cap space on Gomez....

League minimum for 1 year and not a penny more. We're doing him a favour to give him an opportunity to play on a good team and to prove himself ... he is not doing us any favours.

According to hockeyyinsiderr were the front runner for Gomez. I wouldn't mind him as a 2nd liner. Could be the passer Kesler is looking for. Plus he can only get better after a horrid year

According to hockeyyinsiderr were the front runner for Gomez. I wouldn't mind him as a 2nd liner. Could be the passer Kesler is looking for. Plus he can only get better after a horrid year

Hey Lui`s Knob, who`s the front runner for the Gomez?

I didn't quite get that. :P

AV said this about Gomez: "Je pense qu'on va passer notre tour", so maybe that was code for "we'll sign him after he falls through".

I hope not though, unless it is under 1 million. Gomez certainly doesn't deserve a spot on the Canucks.. I'd honestly rather see Ebbett play there, at least he's paid his dues and is all effort, all the time.

He was clearly long overdue for a change of scenary. I thought the Habs were pretty bad the last couple seasons too.

Every player deserves a second chance. Especially one that's a former star and stanley cup winner. I also think not being weighed down by high expectations due to an inflated contract could be good for him.

Worst case scenario at 1 million dollars is, he becomes a servicable spare forward who is a major upgrade over Ebbett.

Worst case scenario at 1 million dollars is, he becomes a servicable spare forward who is a major upgrade over Ebbett.

doubt we sign him............Jordon Schroeder should be given a chance..........only Gomez just have more experience and proven winner

It just doesn't make sense. If an offense-only player can't produce offense, how is he serviceable?

Ebbett showed last year he will do whatever it takes to stay in the line-up and produced more goals than Gomez in way fewer games.

doubt we sign him............Jordon Schroeder should be given a chance..........only Gomez just have more experience and proven winner

Ebbett stats last year while being juggled in and out of different lines: 5 goals, 1 assists, 6 points, +2 in 18 games.

Gomez stats last year while being a top-6 player most of the year: 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points, -9 in 38 games.

Not to mention Ebbett has already been playing in the AHL and pretty well this year, whereas Gomez has been doing time in the ECHL - a joke in comparison.

Doesn't compute that Gomez is a 'major upgrade at worst'.

People only think hes a terrible player because of how much he got paid. If he played as well as he has in the last two seasons with a 2 million dollar contract, doesnt look so bad now doesnt he? Good puck skills, can pass well and skate well when hes healthy. Hes not terrible. Id he was terrible he wouldn't be playing in the first place

People only think hes a terrible player because of how much he got paid. If he played as well as he has in the last two seasons with a 2 million dollar contract, doesnt look so bad now doesnt he? Good puck skills, can pass well and skate well when hes healthy. Hes not terrible. Id he was terrible he wouldn't be playing in the first place

Gomez is better than Ebbett. No contest.

The question is what team gives Gomez a chance after the abomination of a season he just had. If it's us, i ain't complaining.