The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Minecraft Server (PC Only)

ChenWei91

Guest Gumballthechewy

yeah... well I've set up shop at another area that's extremely far away from home... dunno why I did it but I was hunting for something.... now i wish i was an admin so i could tp back and forth because it looks like I'm going to be staying there for a very long time :(

That's half the fun of Minecraft.

I always have large biomes on.

I love exploring and getting lost. :P

Guest Gumballthechewy

Takes me at least two Minecraft days to travel back and forth :(

Then it must be further than kilometre so just make a nether portal.

Distances are 1/8 of those in the overworld.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Yeah I'll probably do that... Hopefully, the portal I make won't spawn me at another location in the Nether... Unless it does..

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but if you make two nether portals on the overworld at least 1km (I think the exact distance is 1024 blocks (1 block = 1 meter)) away from each other then there should be two portals in the nether about 200 meters apart and if the overworld portals are 2kms apart then the nether ones will be 400 meter or so apart.

Then just connect them with rails. It's fairly easy to do with Rei's Minimap.

If you're smarter than I am (and that shouldn't be hard) here is all the sciencey hoopla of nether portal connection:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Portal#Portal_Linkage_between_Overworld_and_Nether

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but if you make two nether portals on the overworld at least 1km (I think the exact distance is 1024 blocks (1 block = 1 meter)) away from each other then there should be two portals in the nether about 200 meters apart and if the overworld portals are 2kms apart then the nether ones will be 400 meter or so.

Yeah something like that... Because our home base is roughly -900 something for x right? But right now, where I'm at, I'm around -2000+ for x? So I'm just worried that if I make a Nether portal that it'll spawn another one in the Nether further away from our original base.

I mean if that does happen, then I suppose I can make another base and then just build a bridge made of cobble that leads to the original base.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Yeah something like that... Because our home base is roughly -900 something for x right? But right now, where I'm at, I'm around -2000+ for x? So I'm just worried that if I make a Nether portal that it'll spawn another one in the Nether further away from our original base.

I mean if that does happen, then I suppose I can make another base and then just build a bridge made of cobble that leads to the original base.

Yeah, at that distance it will spawn a new portal roughly 200-300 meters away from the one in town.

Still better than 1100 meters. :P

Also if you're going to make a path use cobblestone, it's resistant to Ghast fireballs. (And very abundunt)

Just a heads up as well.. Will be shutting my pc off tonight when I go to bed.. Going to be unplugging all my electronics from the wall.. my pc is in a surge protecting slot(power bar only has 1) but all my other electronics are not. So just to be safe.. Wind is still blowing like crazy

Guest Gumballthechewy

Woohooo!!!!! Found my first ever Emerald ever on Minecraft!!!!!! And then I found 8 more :)

Make a block of emerald and place it in your castle.

Archived