The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Forwards and MG

FlyLow_

Here's a deep and cup contending forward group. Don't bother arguing about the players I put in, you can plug in similar players that you fancy. The key here is the type of player they are, roles they play, and skill level. Not expecting MG to go out and get these exact guys.

Sedin-Sedin-Hartnell

Booth-kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Couturier-Kulemin

Hansen-Lappi-Kassian

Now, here's our line-up. I'm not even going to do the post injury line-up, I don't want to see it.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kes-Higgins

Raymond-lappi-Hansen

who cares-Many-Kassian

It's not really surprising they can't score in the playoffs, way too thin. Maybe Schroeder makes an impact, hope so but doubt it. The names being thrown around for the 2nd line right now make me want the lockout back.

We all know about the injuries, personally I find it disappointing most of the guys decided to vacation instead of play hockey during the lockout. Certainly this will have a negative affect on both injuries and performance. Is it still okay for MG to sit on Luongo? What if a Sedin goes down too?

MG will define himself by what he does with Lu and what he does with the forward group this season. He's shown some great things as a GM, but he's far from being a great GM yet. Timing is something the great ones have, making big moves at the right time. In a shortened season where bombing out of the gate could mean no playoffs, is there a better time than now?

Judging by what OP did, is this just a game where I get to throw in 3 or 4 players from any team and put them on our roster? Okay sounds fun:

Sedin-Sedin-Perry

Booth-Kesler-Kane (yes Patrick)

Higgins-Lappierre-Hansen

Torres-Guastad-Kassian

This is fun, I'm in.

Sedin Sedin Perry

Kassian Giroux Kesler

Higgins Lappy Hansen

Weise Malhotra Volpatti

Defense

Hamhuis Bieksa

Ballard Garrison

Tanev Barker

Schneider

Lack

IN: Perry, Giroux

Out: Edler, Luongo, K-Conn, 3 first round picks, Schroeder, Gaunce, Jensen, and apparently the entire farm.

Again for the slow people, It doesn't have to be the players I listed. Just showing the positions that need to be improved, if you do not agree they need to be improved refer to scoring in the playoffs. After the Sedins our forward group scares nobody, that includes with Kes in the line-up.

You can substitute Hartnell,Couts, Kulemin with other players that would be easier to get if you want as long as they fit the roles.

We need a big/strong top line RW, you know like the reason the Kassian trad happened. We need this for 2 reasons. !) To protect and create space for the twins 2) To re-unite Kes/Burr which nobody will disagree makes the 2nd line great.. Thus fixing 2 lines with 1 move.

We also need 2 better and younger forwards with size that can actually score for the 3rd line.. A good GM can easily get most of this done with a piece like Luongo to move. I put Couts/Kulemin... you could easily be fine with Frattin and Kulemin who could easily be had in a Lu deal.

A good GM would have no problem getting at least 2 out of 3 of these things done with a piece to move like Luongo, all of MG's peers know it and are watching. It is not unreasonable for us to expect the same.

Archived