The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dale Weise - A Man To Watch

BleedCanucks

I think noheart is right but I'd like to see a few games with him and the twins. He has what they need, a player that has a tenacious fore check to keep the play deep and the smarts to get to the net. It's an experiment that may go south but worth a try.

Guest Gumballthechewy

But just a quick note, Volpatti should have dropped the gloves with Eager. Not liking his lack of intensity so far.

Am I the only one who thinks he is an absolutley terrible skater? It just seemed like he was always falling (I counted at least 3 times vs edmonton), however I will say that he plays with a lot of energy and tempo. Ive been very surprised at how good our 4th line looks so far.

The Weise of last season was a slow skating, truly minimal point production human punching bag with the up side that he gladly took those punches for the team. I think from a management POV he was performing as expected.

The Weise of this season has one key difference:

He’s fired up and has showed some serious passion in these first two games. It looks like he liked his taste of glory in the Dutch Pro League and has decided that he can be more than the simple role he was hired for. We need that on this team.

Archived