Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Salter

Cooper Rush - 2013 Draft

I've been to a few Chilliwack Chiefs games and saw this guy, and now looking over the midterm rankings for the draft this year, I saw that this 6'7ft BEAST of a D man (215 pounds) is only ranked 132nd.

There was a topic on here about Cooper Rush in the summer (the post was about the canucks camp and him being in it) so I wanted to get your opinions on this guy.

Here's his Hockeydp page

No super star D but he would be a great presence on the ice for the Canucks!

What do you guys think, should we consider drafting him? It would only be a 3rd or 4th round pick.

He was at our prospects summer camp and I thought he could have gotten a contract, but we signed McEneny instead. Good player. Seeing as we didn't sign him though I don't think we'd draft him, unless in the late rounds.

No offensive upside and average defensively from what I saw during the scrimmages in September. He could be depth for a weak team in the future, but I don't see him having much success.

Would be waste of a pick imo considering how deep this draft is.

Just watched him play back-to-back games in PG this weekend while I was there for work. Yes, this would be considered just a 'glimps' compared to a whole season but you cannot, even in just two games, deny that his skating is TERRIBLE. Even compared to average guys in the BCHL his skating is bad. If you can't skate, who cares how big you are?