The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Are The Vancouver Canucks Signing/PTO All These "Reclamation Projects"?

Pasific Coluseum

Barker looked pretty good last night , looked faster than last year.

as a depth signing at that salary ?

worth a shot.

from his interviews it sounds like Cam knows what he has to do and is refocused.

Only 26, still a kid.

Vandemeer fought Lucic and was laughing , knocked Parros on his ass.

Exactly what this team has desperately been lacking for years.

Add one more superheavy and a skilled centre and we're good.

PTOs are a great way to build veteran team depth...and as for reclamation projects coming onto the team...great. I like the fact that Gillis is bringing in these kind of guys; obviously these guys want to prove that they still have some gas in the tank/that they are not completely washed up and worthless as their previous teams decided they were. Low risk/potential reward.

Torres is a good example of a reclamation project that worked out: everybody else passed on him but the Nucks gave him a shot and he resurrected his career.

Barker seems motivated to succeed and we've all seen what he's capable of from his Chicago years; I'm definitely excited to see what he can bring to the table.

I think Gomez could actually be a nice addition to the team at the moment due to our need for a centre if he comes cheap. Even though he's been garbage the last couple years he's had some great seasons and you can't deny that he has talent in there - maybe a change of scenery and less pressure is all he needs. The only thing I don't like about it is that he's obviously a leader - being the ex-captain of Montreal - but we already have enough leadership on our squad.

That is all,

Japandroid

It's because no bonafied star players want to sign with a mickey mouse organization like the Canucks. It goes back to the way Bure was treated before he even arrived in Vancouver.

Then take a look at how we treat players that do become stars here (Bure, Luongo)

Now Gillis is reduced to looking under rocks and in dark corners for warm bodies.

Go Canucks!

Archived