The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-Injuries & Ice Chips Thread- 2013 Season

The Hornet

Welcome to the Canucks Injury and Ice Chip thread for the 2013 season! Here you can discuss team injury's, post player updates, ask questions, and find answers to those questions!

I will update the main page as much as I can throughout the year to help keep you all informed.

- The Hornet

Vancouver Canucks:

Injuries:

# 35 - Cory Schneider - Goaltender

8471239.jpg

-----------------------

Injury: Grion Strain

Sustained: April 22 VS Black Hawks

Return: Questionable for game 3

# 8 - Chris Tanev - Defense

8475690.jpg

------------------------

Injury: Leg

Sustained: April 6 VS Flames

Return: Questionable for Round 1 of playoffs

# 7 - David Booth - Left Wing

8471266.jpg

------------------------

Injury: Lower Body (Ankle)

Sustained: March 16 VS Red Wings

Return: Possible for the playoffs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice Chips:

# 27 - Manny Malhotra - Centre

8467334.jpg

-------------------------

Ice Chip: Has been put on IR list (Regarding eye injury)

Return: Will miss 2013 season

(An Ice Chip is a player that is not injured, but is unable to play. For example, the player is sick, has a suspension, pulled muscles, etc.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News & Updates:

May 3: Reports are saying Kesler has had the flu for the past couple of days, including game one. Kesler says he should be better in a couple of days, but is ready for game 2. (The Province article)

Questions? Comments? Feel free to let me know!

:canucks: Last Update: May 3 @ 7:50 am MT :canucks:

Main post will not be updated during games

Pinnizotto and Lack are in between as both are injured and would at least be a part of camp if healthy. Not sure if one or both would stick with the team (Pinnizotto had a good chance, Lack if we did trade a goalie away) but worth noting.

I also seem to remember someone else starting one of these recently.

EDIT: Here it is: /topic/338243-2012-2013-canucks-injuries-thread/">2012 - 2013 Canucks Injuries Thread

You might want to msg /user/58738-voiceofreason/">VoiceOfReason_ to see which one will stick. You did a great job last year and yours is already much, much better, but he did put his up first.

Is that info on Volpatti right? I knew he had shoulder surgery last season, but did he need it again last month? Did you mean Dec. 1 2011 (in which case I'm sure he is 100% by now) or did he get injured again?

Not trying to sound condesending here by asking retorical questions, I actualy am unsure if Volpatti was injured again.

^^^ Beat me to it.

I've been doing some digging, and it looks like he is most likely to play. It's kind of hard right now to update injury info right now, since the lock out was going on, not too many sites updated any of their information. Hopefully now that the season is up and running, I can post better updates.

I've been doing some digging, and it looks like he is most likely to play. It's kind of hard right now to update injury info, since the lock out was going on, not too many sites updated any of their information. Hopefully now that the season is up and running, I can post better updates.

(also if anyone has any sources they know of, let me know!!)

Archived