elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

@steveewen

Re: Lapierre "absent at practice; no reason why"

*Update* - Brad Ziemer wrote Lapierre out with a minor groin injury (should be fine for road trip)

He has a slightly sore groin, but is expected to take the game day skate tomorrow to test it and probably play.

@whitetowel
Lapierre absent from practice before #Canucks head to California for first road trip theprov.in/WRoXtZ

Edited by elvis15, 24 January 2013 - 03:44 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#32 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Sorry for not updating much... I've been working 18 + hour days :/ Will get more info later today.

Posted Image

#33 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

^ For shame!
Posted Image

#34 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

FarhanLaljiTSN
Manny Malhotra will not be in Anaheim tonight. At home with wife Joanne who delivered a baby boy last night. #canucks

Sure hope Lappy is playing then, otherwise we have Ebbett and Schroeder in the lineup.

benkuzma
Lapierre taking optional Canucks skate to test groin.
Malhotra not in lineup tonight after his wife gave birth to a baby boy Thursday. Joins team Saturday. Ebbett draws in against Ducks.

Edited by elvis15, 25 January 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#35 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 73,896 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I really hope Lappy is playing tonight! But if it bothers him then I guess we should rest him.

307mg00.jpg

#36 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

By the sounds of Steve Pinizzotto's twitter, he is getting better and should be ready 'soon'.
https://twitter.com/stevepinizzotto

Posted Image

#37 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Post on Yahoo Sports re: Kesler:

Fri, Jan 25
Kesler (shoulder, wrist) was on the ice Thursday, the Vancouver Province reports.
Recommendation: He took line rushes and fired off some slap shots. While this is a nice step in his rehab, Kesler still remains weeks away from returning to game action. The Canucks still haven't revealed a concrete timeline for his return.
(Rotowire.com)

Posted Image

#38 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

@sportsnetmurph
Schneider starts vs #sharks. Same line-up as in ANA. Malhotra w/team but won't play unless Lapierre (groin strain) can't go. #canucks

Edited by elvis15, 27 January 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#39 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

when the hell is Kesler coming back? The team needs to give us a time frame. Right now, it is like we have no idea and it is frustrating.

#40 Sundin + Luongo =Cup

Sundin + Luongo =Cup

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Kesler had a set back when Booth invited him for dinner and shot him with a arrow when he was eating!! Seriously though I'll get hell for saying this but I almost wonder if he should just say screw this year If he really is this far away still. Love to see him back but dont want him to see him get hurt again and be messed up for next season too

#41 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

when the hell is Kesler coming back? The team needs to give us a time frame. Right now, it is like we have no idea and it is frustrating.

Do you know what is really frustrating? Having to read your posts, especially the self-entitled ones.

Kesler had a set back when Booth invited him for dinner and shot him with a arrow when he was eating!! Seriously though I'll get hell for saying this but I almost wonder if he should just say screw this year If he really is this far away still. Love to see him back but dont want him to see him get hurt again and be messed up for next season too

He's not that far away, as he skated with the team before their road trip. I'd expect it'd take a couple of weeks to get back up to speed, but then he'll be playing soon. He's not 'far away', as you suggest, certainly not enough to warrant taking an extra 2-3 months off in order to get ready for next year.

#42 Sundin + Luongo =Cup

Sundin + Luongo =Cup

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Do you know what is really frustrating? Having to read your posts, especially the self-entitled ones.

He's not that far away, as he skated with the team before their road trip. I'd expect it'd take a couple of weeks to get back up to speed, but then he'll be playing soon. He's not 'far away', as you suggest, certainly not enough to warrant taking an extra 2-3 months off in order to get ready for next year.

yeah no what your saying but on the 20th MG said he'd be back with the team in 7- 10 days so now its 10 days and nobodys saying anything about his return

#43 Tyler83

Tyler83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Damien Cox@DamoSpin
Sense is Ryan Kesler will be back in two weeks

#44 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

yeah no what your saying but on the 20th MG said he'd be back with the team in 7- 10 days so now its 10 days and nobodys saying anything about his return

Which is why I mentioned he'd skated with the team already. That's all they were expecting in the 7-10 days comment, and then that he'd get back in playing mode after a couple weeks from there (as noted below).

Damien Cox@DamoSpin
Sense is Ryan Kesler will be back in two weeks

#45 Tyler83

Tyler83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Any update on Booth yet?

#46 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

^^^^^^

He will return mid to late February. Best I can find on him right now.

Posted Image

#47 Sundin + Luongo =Cup

Sundin + Luongo =Cup

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Which is why I mentioned he'd skated with the team already. That's all they were expecting in the 7-10 days comment, and then that he'd get back in playing mode after a couple weeks from there (as noted below).

I get it not trying to argue, but just because he skated with the team I know Its a first step but Itll be bigger news when he actually goes through practices and how he feels in them

#48 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

@blakeprice1040: A couple one-timer slap shots from Kesler set up by Booth... Both seem to be making some big strides..

very interesting.......hopefully this happen in a real game situation...... I predict two week later both will be back

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#49 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

I get it not trying to argue, but just because he skated with the team I know Its a first step but Itll be bigger news when he actually goes through practices and how he feels in them

I know, but your comment that he should just screw the year when he's not really that far away wasn't even close to the mark.

Not really an update on the overall timeline, but a good sign today:

sportsnetmurph
Ryan Kesler skating with #canucks at Rogers Arena.

SteveEwen
#Canucks Kesler leads stretch. Bieksa drapes cape over Kesler with his No. 17 on it.

benkuzma
Kesler skating with Canucks at practice. No Booth, but did pre-practice drills. Groin strain 4-6 week recovery, injured Jan.13.

#50 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

More on Kesler:

Ryan Kesler is finally back at practice. His teammates good-natured ribbing of him is in playoff form, mind you.

Kesler took to the ice in a Vancouver Canucks’ full workout for the first time this season on Sunday. He led the opening stretch sequence, prompting both a rousing stick tapping from his teammates and Kevin Bieska to sneak up from behind him and drape a white cape with Kesler’s No. 17 on over his back.

When Bieksa was approached by a gaggle of media afterwards and the first question was regarding Kesler, there were chuckles from teammates nearby and a couple of “I told you so’s.”

Kesler, a member of the Canucks’ core group for the past few seasons, underwent surgery on his left shoulder on May 8 and on his left wrist on June 27.

“It was great to have him out there,” said Bieksa. “He was flying around out there.

“We haven’t seen him in awhile. He’s been on his own schedule, doing his rehab and his training. As a team, we haven’t seen him a whole lot. It was nice to get him out there, joking around a little bit.

“I can’t take credit for that [the cape]. I was just the messenger. That’s the trainers. The trainers have been spending the most time with him, unfortunately for them. They’ve gotten the brunt of his frustration.”

Bieksa followed that up with an “it was all in good fun.” The smiles, across Canuck Nation, will be much bigger, of course, when Kesler gets back up to speed and returns to a line-up that’s appeared challenged offensively to date.

He said that there was no timeline on his return, although he will be travelling with the team for the upcoming road trip, which sees them visit the Edmonton Oilers on Monday and the Minnesota Wild on Thursday.

He said that he needed to work on his strength and timing and “feeling comfortable in one-on-one battles.”

“I had to be patient,” he said of returning to practice with the team. “That was my biggest thing. I had to keep telling myself ‘baby steps.’ It’s a process and you can’t get ahead of the process.

“I still have to be patient. There’s still a long way to go.”

Coach Alain Vigneault seemed more positive, saying that he thought Kesler had “an opportunity to come help us after a couple of practices.” He did add that coming on the road trip was part of that process, so it seems unlikely to see him play in Minnesota, let alone Edmonton.

Kesler did seem to have plenty of jump and didn’t appear to be holding back when shooting the puck.

He led Canuck forwards in average ice time last year during the regular season, at 20:05 per game.

“He’s probably in better shape than most of the guys when they arrived here, because he had been working with our conditioning guys throughout the lockout and he had been pushing himself,” Vigneault said.

“When he’s ready to play, he’s going to help us obviously. He wants to play. He wants to get out there and help his teammates. Hopefully, it’s real soon.”

And a little on Luongo getting the start and lines for good measure from the same article:

Kesler’s presence made Vancouver’s goalie saga a secondary topic for a change. Vigneault confirmed that Roberto Luongo was getting the start against the Edmonton, and joked that it was again based on a coin flip.

Asked if Cory Schneider would accept a back-up role moving forward, Vigneault said: “I think Cory is going to accept Lui is playing tomorrow and then after we’re going to move onto the next game and decide what’s best for the team. It’s on a game-to-game basis and they’re both quality people and they both do what’s best for the team.”

With Kesler skating, Vancouver had 14 forwards, which led to considerable line shuffling at drills. The two units that seemed to stick together for much of the workout though were the top line, with Daniel and Henrik Sedin and Zack Kassian, and a new trio featuring Jordan Schroeder between Alex Burrows and Mason Raymond.

Burrows, a natural winger, had been centring Jannik Hansen and Chris Higgins as Vancouver’s de facto No. 2 line of late.

“I don’t know if that’s it,” Burrows said of the new combination. “It was news to me until practice today.

“They’re two fast guys who can generate some offence, if that’s the way the line-up is tomorrow.”
Burrows, Schroeder, Raymond, Kesler and David Booth took the ice with Luongo and Schneider for goalie specific work prior to the full session. Booth, who is out with a groin injury, didn’t skate with the team afterwards and Vigneault said there was no update on his status.

#51 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Steve Pinizzotto looks to be back skating again:

@stevepinizzotto: Nothing better than skating with the fellas...

#52 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

The joy of the Eager, Thornton, Bolland and Marchand injuries almost make up for the frustration of Kesler and Booth. Sorry I know I'm off topic but I really had to say it.
Posted Image

#53 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,947 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

When is Alberts going to get a game in?
Posted Image

#54 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Pinizzotto has been out since Nov. 24, when he suffered a partial tear in his groin. Surgery wasn’t necessary, but he didn’t expect it would keep him out this long.

He’s back practising with the team, but hasn’t been cleared for contact yet.

I’m pretty close (to playing), it’s within two weeks,” said Pinizzotto. “It’s feeling pretty good. I’m not quite pain-free yet. I’m just getting back to being on the ice and feeling more confident. It’s something you can’t rush.”

From a recent article in the Province about Pinizzotto: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz2K9Eof87S

Edited by elvis15, 06 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#55 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

@benkuzma: Kesler: "The shoulder is a big thing. I have to make sure it's 100 per cent. The range of motion is there, but strength isn't there at all."

Some early reports that maybe he's even back by Saturday, but Gillis said yesterday he hasn't even been cleared for contact so I'd think he's still a little further away.

#56 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Any word on if Cory is starting tommorow?

zackass.png

#57 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Any word on if Cory is starting tommorow?

You didn't see the thread? schnieder starts vs wild

#58 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

You didn't see the thread? schnieder starts vs wild

Haha nope.

zackass.png

#59 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 73,896 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

@patersonjeff
Booth and Kesler both taking part in full #Canucks morning skate

307mg00.jpg

#60 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

@FarhanLaljiTSN: At #Canucks super skills, Ryan Kesler says he "can see the light at the end of the tunnel" and that his return is "just around the corner"
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.