The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NRA targets Obama’s kids in a scathing new ad

dudeone

The wording of the article is quite misleading. Nobody's "targeting" anyone's kids, but Obama himself and the security arrangement he has going for himself and his family, compared to those of the average common people. (Yeah, I know the risks aren't the same, but the latter's isn't zero either.)

I've wondered myself, with the laws against castle doctrine, does 24 Sussex Drive have armed guards ready to shoot and kill intruders on sight?

The wording of the article is quite misleading. Nobody's "targeting" anyone's kids, but Obama himself and the security arrangement he has going for himself and his family, compared to those of the average common people. (Yeah, I know the risks aren't the same, but the latter's isn't zero either.)

I've wondered myself, with the laws against castle doctrine, does 24 Sussex Drive have armed guards ready to shoot and kill intruders on sight?

Who would need to bother following the NRA when people here do such a great job of it? :lol:

The NRA is not "targeting his kids" -- that kind of flat out lie is about as much journalistic integrity I'd expect from typical polarising media and their unnecessary dramatics. They know anything the NRA says will fire up their opposition, so I wonder why they need to add Jerry Springer spin to their story.

Clearly the NRA is criticising Obama about his policy of guards and firearms.

I don't care if you grew up with guns. Bizarre = things you disagree with, just like apples and orangutans, and yes given your complete lack of respect for the second amendment, and your fear mongering about how guns are inherently dangerous due to their presence in a household, you are most certainly anti-gun. Your gimmick is just as easily identifiable as the NRA's.

Bingo, and indeed politicians have been quoted as saying they would use government to do just that.

In at least three states (this was last I checked a week or so two ago), representatives have said they would both pass state laws refusing to acknowledge federal gun bans of any type, and simply not enforce any federal gun ban of any type, as well as any executive order declaring such weapons illegal.

It has been shown, proven, posted yet those who don't want to hear it are sitting with their fingers in their ears yelling "Lalalalalala" as loudly as they can. Proof, facts mean nothing to this crowd (the pro-automatic, we must own asault weapons at all cost group) as they are firmly mired in their own denial.

Christie: NRA ad with Obama daughters ‘reprehensible’

By Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 3 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.co...--politics.html

Blunt-speaking New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, thought to be eyeing a 2016 run for the Republican presidential nomination, blasted an NRA ad that mentions President Barack Obama's daughters as "reprehensible" and warned it "demeans" the powerful gun-rights group.

"To talk about the president’s children, or any public officer’s children, who have—not by their own choice, but by requirement—to have protection, and to use that somehow to try to make a political point is reprehensible," Christie said.

"The president doesn’t have a choice, and his children don’t have a choice, of whether they’re going to be protected or not," the governor said. "It’s awful to bring public figures' children into the political debate. They don’t deserve to be there."

He added that "for any of us who are public figures, you see that kind of ad, and you cringe, you cringe."

Christie's remarks are unlikely to endear him to those conservatives he already annoyed by praising Obama for the federal government's response to superstorm Sandy. But the NRA ad—which could either be about the Obama daughters' Secret Service protection or the armed guards at their posh D.C. private school—has drawn sharp criticisms for bringing the girls into a debate about gun violence. The NRA has said it's a legitimate criticism of Obama, who has expressed skepticism about the organization's call for armed guards in schools in the aftermath of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"They’ve got real issues to debate on this topic. Get to the real issues. Don’t be dragging people’s children into this, it’s wrong, and I think it demeans them and it makes them less of a valid, trusted source of information on the real issues," Christie said.

The governor made it clear that, if he decides to run in 2016, his kids won't have much of a say in the decision.

"My children had no choice, realistically, in what I decided to do with my career and what effect that’s had on their lives, in making them somewhat public figures, and making them subject to protection from the executive protection unit," he said. "My kids don’t have a choice about that.

"My children had no choice that I wanted to run for governor. I mean, I pretended that they did, I asked them what they thought. But in the end they had absolutely no choice in whether I ran for governor or not," he said, to chuckles from his audience.

"They knew that, by the way, when I was asking them, which is why they didn’t spend a whole lot of time answering," he quipped.

Ann Coulter Scolds NRA’s LaPierre: When Asked If You Want Fewer Children Killed, Answer Is ‘Yes’

coulter.jpg

Conservative columnist Ann Coulter appeared on MofoPolitics on Friday where she scolded National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre for his organization’s response to the tragic slaying of 26 in Newtown, Connecticut, on December 14. Coulter said that LaPierre’s hedging and defensive appearanceonMeet the Press following the attack did nothing to advance his organization’s goals. His answer to questions about not wanting more mass shootings should always be “yes,” and to then highlight the fact that only an armed populace has been able to prevent shootings like what happened in Connecticut.

“The NRA needs a better spokesman,” Coulter said. “I was watching Wayne LaPierre on Meet The Press this weekend and — is he the only gun rights supporter who has not read John Lott‘s book?”

Coulter said that when NBC News anchor David Gregory was hammering LaPierre on his organization’s objective when asked if he supports fewer children being killed, his answer was not confidence-inspiring.

“There was hemming and hawing,” Coulter said. “The answer is — get this right-wingers, get this gun supporters — yes, yes, yes.”

Coulter said that the only mechanism for preventing mass shootings is to have an armed populace, which is a topic of discussion that should be in LaPierre’s comfort zone.

She said that, with mentally disturbed people pushing strangers onto train tracks in New York City twice in one month, there is room to attack the political left for their tolerance of with mental disorders. “Can we lock some of these people up,” Coulter asked.

I don't care if you grew up with guns. Bizarre = things you disagree with, just like apples and orangutans, and yes given your complete lack of respect for the second amendment, and your fear mongering about how guns are inherently dangerous due to their presence in a household, you are most certainly anti-gun. Your gimmick is just as easily identifiable as the NRA's

Ann Coulter Scolds NRA’s LaPierre: When Asked If You Want Fewer Children Killed, Answer Is ‘Yes’

coulter.jpg

Conservative columnist Ann Coulter appeared on MofoPolitics on Friday where she scolded National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre for his organization’s response to the tragic slaying of 26 in Newtown, Connecticut, on December 14. Coulter said that LaPierre’s hedging and defensive appearanceonMeet the Press following the attack did nothing to advance his organization’s goals. His answer to questions about not wanting more mass shootings should always be “yes,” and to then highlight the fact that only an armed populace has been able to prevent shootings like what happened in Connecticut.

“The NRA needs a better spokesman,” Coulter said. “I was watching Wayne LaPierre on Meet The Press this weekend and — is he the only gun rights supporter who has not read John Lott‘s book?”

Coulter said that when NBC News anchor David Gregory was hammering LaPierre on his organization’s objective when asked if he supports fewer children being killed, his answer was not confidence-inspiring.

“There was hemming and hawing,” Coulter said. “The answer is — get this right-wingers, get this gun supporters — yes, yes, yes.”

Coulter said that the only mechanism for preventing mass shootings is to have an armed populace, which is a topic of discussion that should be in LaPierre’s comfort zone.

She said that, with mentally disturbed people pushing strangers onto train tracks in New York City twice in one month, there is room to attack the political left for their tolerance of with mental disorders. “Can we lock some of these people up,” Coulter asked.

Ann Coulter.........fits into the same category as Rush Limbaugh..........one sees her name associated with an article and you already know what it's going to consist of........crap........more crap..........covered in .........wait for it............crap.

Archived