The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank You Roberto Luongo

Avicii

Going to tonight's scrimmage, and i feel like tonight may very well be the last time i will ever see Roberto Luongo dawn a Vancouver Canucks jersey on-ice in person. As much as i believe it is the wrong choice to trade him, it's inevitable and i've came to the conclusion that he will be with another team sooner rather than later.

Ever since he's came into the organization, he's been nothing but class, class and more class. Even in this whole debacle, he's remains loyal to the organization and to the fans. Us, as fans, seem to take most of our players for granted. He's been great in the community, leader on and off the ice, and most importantly served as our number 1 goaltender for 6 years.

Watching him play was an absolute privilege. My first Roberto Luongo memory was probably when he robbed Stu Barns in Game 7 vs Dallas, which was my first ever playoff game. What a game that was, Luongo absolutely stole the show. He carried our team on his back throughout the entire season, and without him we would've been in contest for a lottery pick. I found that on most nights, i wasn't excited to watch a Canucks game, i was excited to see Roberto Luongo play. The flashy gloves saves, diving stick saves.. It's been a fantastic 6 years.

People seem to forget what he truly brought to our organization. Before Luongo, we were this mediocre team after the WCE days that simply couldn't find success. We were pretty much like the Flames are today, a team with talent but nothing to show for it. With Luongo, he truly put his mark on the team. The moment we traded for him, Luongo was the team. This was before the Sedins emerged and all that. Luongo was the superstar of the team, and rightfully so.

He brought us to the Cup finals in 2011, and was there when we needed him most. That save on Sharp in Game 7 probably saved half our rosters careers in Vancouver.. 2 SO in the SCF, what more could you ask of from a goaltender? That 2011 run was one of the greatest couple of weeks of my life in recent memory, and it wouldn't have been the same with Luongo between the pipes. (Although Schneider was decent in his 1 game, i was laughing my ass off when he got completely destroyed in the shootout and ended up cramping up)

From all the fans who will always be fans of you Roberto, I'd like to thank you for everything you've done for our organization. You will always be my favorite goaltender, even if Schneider brings us to 50 cups. The screams and roars you could bring into the garage with one single save can never be matched by any goaltender.

$64 million says he will try to find happiness ,as hard as that may be under the dire circumstances.

Luo was a treat in the last year or year and a half.He became less of an overly confident,super goalie ,puck stopping machine and more approachable and personable.He became downright funny after all was said and done.

Hard not to miss what he brought to this franchise.

if wr arent complete idiots we will keep both of our goalirs this year have a great shot at the cup because our team will b healthy when the playoffs roll around and at the end of this season we trade schneider for a much higher return and pick up some very needed pieces of our team moving forward luongo has a lot left in his tank and what a stand up guy dealing with all of this bull from so called "fans" of this team

Archived