The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank You Roberto Luongo

Avicii

Yes I am. As far as true canucks fans are concerned, Luongo has only caused pain and agmony to our city. He constantly has teased us and made us believe he is the greatest until it actually matters, when he fails miserably. He has crushed so many others who actually believed in him and then failed us all, making us all look stupid.

I couldn't have said it any better than you have.

It's weird knowing that the one player that got me into watching Canucks hockey is on his way out. He really inspired me and gave me belief that this team would reach a Cup with him being in net. I still cringe at the thought of him not being in the net, if/when we win a Cup one day.

While not everyone sees it, he's actually a really warm-hearted guy, and a great goal-tender. Once his @strombone1 came out, everyone seemed to get Luo on their good side as he was suddenly this really funny and entertaining guy. He was always like that, his words have always been twisted to portray him as this player that throws people under the bus. I've been a Luo supporter since Day 1 and whatever team he gets traded to I will wish him the best and cheer for him.

Even watching him today at the scrimmage makes me wish that he could end his career here as I always thought it would end up like that. All the memories we've made with him: winning Gold in Vancouver, that save on Sharp in Game 7, that game against Dallas, the 3-0 S/O against the Blackhawks (yeah it was a regular season game...but still) and I'll even miss the relentless chirping against Lu and trying to ward off the haters.. I guess all of that is passed onto Schneider now.

Schneider is a very talented goalie and we will see what he brings for us as I am confident he will be stellar. But I guess the tandem Lu and Schneids had going for a little while was too good to last.

Thanks for the memories, Lu.

Stats don't lie, Luongo is. But if all you people say Luongo has done nothing for this team or city, what more has Linden and Mclean done?

I am not saying those guys are nothing they are legendary Canucks, but the perception of Luongo has done nothing but Linden and Mclean have done so much makes no sense. If you want to compare. They have all done a lot for this team and city, cannot argue this at all.

Luongo not only established his place in Vancouver by elevating it to this level - he's gone and immortalized it when he helped lead Canada to gold as the one Vancouver Canuck on that team. I was all in favour to keep him at all costs, but he wants out, doesn't feel welcome here anymore.

If he gets traded - I would expect nothing less than his full value. That's why I suggested dealing him for someone like Zetterberg - see "Luongo Random/Merged thoughts" thread.

Another idea I had was to make a whole series of trades that would eventually see Carey Price, Shea Weber, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in Vancouver. Won't enter all the details, but I can tell you, it'll involve giving up not only Luongo, but Schneider, the Sedin twins, Bieksa, Kesler - almost the entire roster. Hamhuis, Edler, Lapierre, and Malhotra would be just about the only cornerstone players left. It's tough to get rid of all those guys who made their home here, but the incoming players will be largely BC-born who will be at home back in Vancouver.

See your so stupid and immature your missing the clear point. All you care about is Luongo the hockey player and the game. Like I said you wouldn't know anything about doing something for someone else or doing any charity work for this city. For some of kids, Luongo is their hero and they smile when they see him and nobody can take that away from him no matter how good or poorly he plays.

I actually take serious offense you saying he is a cancer in this city, when kids having to deal with cancer can get a smile on their faces going through what they do when they see Luongo and other players, they look up to.

Your honestly trying to say Luongo and the Canucks not winning is such a suffer and pain for you, more than kids going through a rough time, that are just happy to see their hero's. Don't know how old you are, but you got some serious growing up to do.

Archived