The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] TOR Lombardi to PHX for Conditional Pick + Salary

Strombone1

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Leafs trade Lombardi to Phx for a conditional pick. Toronto also retains some salary in deal.

Toronto eats Lombardi's $500,000 signing bonus, plus some additional salary.

Toronto gets a 4th for Lombardi. A 3rd if he re-signs in PHX.

Leafs have talked about giving younger players a chance. Can't just say it...have to do it. Moving Lombardi opens up a spot.

Depending on what that pick is, this is a great deal for PHX for a very speedy winger, although Lombardi has suffered a couple of accidents lately.

He needs a change of environment for sure. Toronto's style of play was just not for him. Tippett's style might work though.

I like the deal for Phoenix, he could really rejuvenate his career their since they need some speed and scoring. If he wasn't as unproven/risky after the injury (with maybe a lesser cap hit) I wouldn't have minded him here as our 3C.

It is interesting though, perhaps the Leafs are offloading some salary for another move.........

Weird trade by Toronto.. They need all the scoring forwards they can get..

JvR, Connolly, Kulemin, Grabovski, Bozak, Kessel, Lupul, MacArthur

In my mind, the only scoring threats are Kessel and JvR. Lupul can be a consistent 20 goal scorer but they need more than that and won't make the playoffs with that kind of lineup

I like the deal for Phoenix, he could really rejuvenate his career their since they need some speed and scoring. If he wasn't as unproven (with maybe a lesser cap hit) I wouldn't have minded him here as our 3C.

It is interesting though, perhaps the Leafs are offloading some salary for another move.........

Archived