The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] TOR Lombardi to PHX for Conditional Pick + Salary

Strombone1

Wow, Lombardi's talent was constantly made fun while he was a leaf. Now he's traded to another team and its a great deal for them?

Please, please tell me that none of you who posted such insanity are ever going into politics or vote, for fear of being eligible for jury duty. Your opinions and beliefs are so biased its unbelievable really.

It looks to me like Nonis is setting this up as a rebuilding year. I would bet that he is pretty much out of the Luongo sweepstakes. I think they are going to go young and try a real rebuild this time. Not going to help the Luongo trade market.

Good move for both teams really. Phoenix doesn't give up much and get some salary help and Toronto gets rid of someone who was ineffective for a draft pick.

Good deal for both teams AND the player. Curious along with TheMinister as to how the salary splits will work. So TO keeps half a mill in signing bonus...one would imagine the million dollar signing bonus in all three years of the deal upped his cap hit in all three years by a million, so with this being his final year, if TO is keeping 500k of that signing bonus on their books, then the overall cap hit of 3.5 is now only 3m for Phoenix.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/1128

Archived