The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My hope for the beginning of the season

THEluminiferousAETHER

I’ll start with a side note. Funny how I was totally one of those people who were going to boycott the NHL for a while, and here I am rubbing my hands in anticipation for the season to begin. What kind of Magic did you cast, Gary Bettman, you Black Wizard! There is no saving throw for the NHL. <---DND there..

Ok, my hope. I recently read Mason Raymond will be the lone specifically designated 2nd liner. Now here is what I have noticed about AV, and this is not necessarily a bad thing, but he is a Guy who seems to believe in the “you earn your spot” ideal. My hope is that he has patience with his decision in regards to the second line. I guess more clearly put is; keep them together even through struggle, because its going to have to be a line based on a good dynamic between three/six players. I think this will be a good story this year for Vancouver, at the least, an interesting one.

Another thing I can’t wait to see play out is the Lu, Cory, situation. I’ll get called crazy, though I do not think it’s a crazy idea to trade Cory instead of Lu, if Lu happens to have has his glorious moment in Van this year… You may not believe it now, or ever, but opinion on CDC is know to change from time to time.

I believe that, in time, Luongo will be remembered as the best goalie to play for the Canucks. However, I also believe that trading him and holding onto Schneider is the smartest move for this team.

While Luongo is an amazing goalie (perhaps even better than Cory), he can be somewhat inconsistent. Schneider, on the other hand, has performed much more consistently the past few years. And, Cory's cap hit is much more favorable for a team trying to win now and will be up against the salary cap for the foreseeable future.

Furthermore, Schneider is far younger so he can potentially be our number 1 for a longer period of time.

The downside is that Schneider has never had a major workload at the NHL level and may be considered somewhat unproven. But, I have confidence in his ability and that it is the right time for him to take the next step.

If Lack was a "can't miss" prospect, my opinion might be very different. However, all things considered, Schneider is probably the better choice now and in the future.

Sure you can. However, all or most of your contributions as a Canuck fan (that I can see) is bashing Luongo on CDC almost exclusively.

Do you even post about other things? I mean, the way the statistics are pointing, the day Luongo gets traded is the day you stop posting on CDC.

While it is true that the Luongo theme is the predominant one, it is not the only one. There is plenty of talk about Raymond, the Center issues, the new D signings, etc. and yet you don't really seem to care about those.

Your last 5 posts are either on a Luongo thread or about Luongo. It's a small sample but hey, I'm not going through all your 800+ posts. I also don't really care if you really do post on other threads. However, you did suggest that it's okay to be a Luongo basher while being a fan, which it is, but it looks to me, and perhaps to others on CDC, that your only motivation to even be on here is to do just that. While it's fine to criticize a player, if that's mostly what you do, you're not really contributing all that much as a fan.

I'd disagree about the Schneider bashers. The closest I've seen to that is people making direct comparisons between the 2 netminders and making conclusions out of it. Nobody really has "bashed" Schneider, whether it is because we haven't seen enough of him or if it is because the majority of us are too busy trying to defend Luongo.

While it is true that the Luongo theme is the predominant one, it is not the only one. There is plenty of talk about Raymond, the Center issues, the new D signings, etc. and yet you don't really seem to care about those.

Your last 5 posts are either on a Luongo thread or about Luongo. It's a small sample but hey, I'm not going through all your 800+ posts. I also don't really care if you really do post on other threads. However, you did suggest that it's okay to be a Luongo basher while being a fan, which it is, but it looks to me, and perhaps to others on CDC, that your only motivation to even be on here is to do just that. While it's fine to criticize a player, if that's mostly what you do, you're not really contributing all that much as a fan.

I'd disagree about the Schneider bashers. The closest I've seen to that is people making direct comparisons between the 2 netminders and making conclusions out of it. Nobody really has "bashed" Schneider, whether it is because we haven't seen enough of him or if it is because the majority of us are too busy trying to defend Luongo.

Archived