The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ideas to add to my site

riotsurvivor

I'm putting together this website just to teach myself the basics of creating websites. It's not impressive by any means, I'm using Weebly to hash it together and it's low on content. But I want to make it useful.

http://www.canucksportal.com

If anyone can think of anything I could add to the site to make it more useful, or has any links I can throw on the Portal page, let me know.

Cheers!

As someone who uses weebly myself, I can tell you there is lots of options available to you.

One warning... if you do a blog, be SURE you have an exit strategy after 2-3 years or so. It gets harder & harder to add new content after a couple years (if you are doing them frequently enough). I chatted with Weebly support (which have been usually good as well) and they recommended I open up a new blog every year or two, which I wasnt a fan of... but I found a compromise & essentially did as they suggested in a different way. Thats my only NOTABLE issue with them so far,

Also, as someone else said about schedule & rosters... just because people CAN find it elsewhere, doesnt mean you shouldnt have it as well. Part of generating traffic is making your site a tool people want to go to because they CAN find everything in 1 spot.

Figure out what you want to achieve with your site, and decide from there what you want to add to it.

If you have any questions about using weebly, I've been on there for 4 years now. Dont hesitate to ask.

Just looked at your site - So far, not bad. Good luck with it.

Archived