key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Police Shoot, Kill Dog When Going To A Home By Mistake

Posted Image

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – An Adams County man is in shock after he says deputies shot and killed his dog.

Jeff Fisher said deputies went to his house by mistake. He said when they forced their way through the door his dog Ziggy ran outside and an Adams County Sheriff’s deputy shot and killed him.

“(He went to the door) to see who it was and the police officer shot him three times,” Fisher said. “They killed my dog for no reason.”

Fisher said Ziggy was his best friend and can’t believe he’s gone.

“I called the dog, he turned to come back to me and the police officer opened fire,” said Fisher.
Ziggy was an 8-year-old Blue Healer/Border Collie mix.

The Adams County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responded to the address on reports of a business alarm going off.

A spokesman said he can’t say more until the investigation is complete but did release this statement, “It’s our goal at the Adams County Sheriff’s Office to complete a thorough investigation of this incident, be able to answer any questions that people who have concerns about this incident may have and to do right for the owner of this dog.”

Fisher said he wants that deputy to be held accountable.

“I’m on the ground crying hysterically and the police officer says, ‘You need to calm down, you can get a new dog,’” said Fisher.

Fisher said he rents space from the neighboring business where the alarm was sounded.
The attorney representing Fisher believes that animal shootings are out of control.
Jennifer Edwards referred to the elk in Boulder and the dog in Commerce City that were recently shot and killed by law enforcement.

“Something has got to be done about it. They’re taking our family members and I don’t care that they’re the furry family members they’re family members no less,” said Edwards.

Edwards wants answers and reform on how law enforcement deals with animals. She believes a lawsuit is likely.

Fisher said he just wants his friend back, “I don’t have kids. That’s my son.”

http://denver.cbsloc...ome-by-mistake/

Edited by key2thecup, 16 January 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#2 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Sounds like we need to give dogs guns.

Posted Image

#3 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,462 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Wouldn't have happened if the dog was armed...

13yl1g7.jpg

#4 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Checks and balances. But none for law enforcement. RIP Ziggy.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#5 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

We know the police don't screw stuff up. Give them all the guns! :lol:

#6 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

sad.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#7 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

That is despicable; clearly they need more discipline down at the PD there.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#8 Richard Parker

Richard Parker

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

My heart goes out to the man. Losing a member of the family in this way, is unimaginable...well, actually, it is imaginable...and it would be a nightmare of grief, anger, sorrow and loss.

Posted Image

"Physical bravery is an animal instinct; moral bravery is a much higher and truer courage"

CDCGML - Pittsburgh Penguins - Click Here

#9 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,957 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Sounds like it was a mistake by the police calltaker and/or dispatcher.

This is going to be real ugly. Agency will have to pay money for sure. Police don't show up to a house for no reason - the calltakers/dispatchers probably typed a wrong address and someone didn't verify if it's the exact address.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#10 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

What if the owner came by a little later and shot the policeman by accident due to the gunfire?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#11 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Just get a new dog huh? Maybe the PD should get a new officer.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#12 bjh

bjh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

The worst part is the cops were barking at the owner afterwards saying he could get a new dog.

I'd be hounding them for sure if it was my dog. The media is surely drooling over this one.

Edited by bjh, 16 January 2013 - 08:55 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • 11,687 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I sure hope this dumb*** cop gets the same punishment as the guy who stabbed the police dog a few days back

Not sure what I would do in a situation like that but it probably wouldn't of been pretty

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#14 Richard Parker

Richard Parker

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

The worst part is the cops were barking at the owner afterwards saying he could get a new dog.

I'd be hounding them for sure if it was my dog. The media is surely drooling over this one.

Hmm...a bit of a callous attempt at humour at the loss of someone's loved one, though they be of the four-legged variety.

I'm going to assume that you're either not one who's ever known the unwaivering and complete definition of 'love' of a dog....or perhaps that your sense of humour overode your sense of humanity.

Posted Image

"Physical bravery is an animal instinct; moral bravery is a much higher and truer courage"

#15 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Pretty sure I can find more than ten stories just like this in less than a few minutes. This exact scenario happens all too often.

Of course the dog is going to investigate when strange people barge in. That's what dogs do, they're loyal, they protect.

What's even more outrageous is the comment from the officer taunting the victim. This officer seems unfit to "serve and protect".

#16 bjh

bjh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hmm...a bit of a callous attempt at humour at the loss of someone's loved one, though they be of the four-legged variety.

I'm going to assume that you're either not one who's ever known the unwaivering and complete definition of 'love' of a dog....or perhaps that your sense of humour overode your sense of humanity.

You can assume whatever you like.

I've had and loved dogs all my life and don't like to see or hear of them being harmed.

I was just in a pun mood. Nothing I said was insincere.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Reading this story made me so angry.
Don't turn this into another gun control thread.

#18 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

This is heart-wrenching

#19 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

looks like the solution is an armed officer with every dog, it's the only way to protect them

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#20 Charlie.the.Unicorn

Charlie.the.Unicorn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

I've had and loved dogs all my life and don't like to see or hear of them being harmed.

Dog-gone-it?

#21 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Ban officers.

#22 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Look at that little guy, what kind of wimpy cop would find that dog to be a real threat to his life? Just wow...

#23 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

What if the owner came by a little later and shot the policeman by accident due to the gunfire?

Or what would happen if the positions were reversed and the guy accidentally killed a police dog? The deputy at most will get a short paid suspension - If it had been the other way around 10 years? at minimum?
Posted Image

#24 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

It's very easy to become a police officer in the states... Thus all the retards who serve in it...
Posted Image

#25 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I was more offended by your poor attempt at punning.
Posted Image

#26 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Posted Image

Clearly the dog was possessed, the police had no choice!

But seriously, that's the supidest s*** I've ever heard! Responding to a business alarm at a residential home? Shooting a dog that probably showed no signs of aggressiveness? Telling the man he can just get a new dog? If that was me they'd be taking me to jail for assaulting an officer...

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 17 January 2013 - 12:03 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#27 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

It's very easy to become a police officer in the states... Thus all the retards who serve in it...

Not all that different in Canada given the continuing reports of police misconduct emanating from the RCMP.

And dogs also get shot by trigger happy officers here as well. For example about 6 months ago.

Surrey 'miracle dog' survives being shot by Mountie
BY STEPHANIE IP, THE PROVINCE : Monday, July 09, 2012

Matrix is being called a “miracle dog” after surviving a gun shot to the face from a Surrey RCMP officer.

The only problem left is how his owner, Alma Brown, will pay the vet bills — which continue to add up each day and could reach as much as $10,000.

According to Brown, the incident took place just after noon Saturday. RCMP officers, who were attending to a domestic dispute call several doors down, were canvassing residents in Brown’s neighbourhood.

“Matrix was 15 feet in front of the doorway,” Brown said, noting the front door was open on the hot summer day and her three-and-a-half-year-old Terrier-Boxer cross was inside chewing on a rubber toy.

“He had seen [the RCMP officer] walking back and forth and was fine with it.”

Brown said Matrix then sat up suddenly with his tail wagging, the way her dog usually greets visitors who approach the door.

“Next thing I know, there’s a blood-curdling scream and footsteps running away from the door,” Brown said, describing how she ran outside to see a female RCMP officer and Matrix on the other side of her truck parked in front of the home.

“I looked over the box of the truck and I heard the gunshot. My knees buckled from under me,” Brown recalled. “I ran around the truck and there’s my dog convulsing on the ground.”

The bullet entered Matrix’s left jaw and was lodged in his right shoulder. RCMP officers then helped load Matrix into a police cruiser and rushed the dog to a nearby animal hospital.

Matrix is now being monitored at the Newton Animal Hospital. The dog is able to put some weight on his front legs and will require surgery to remove the bullet.

While his condition is improving, Brown says Matrix still shows signs of nerve damage and may still need further surgery if his condition doesn’t clear up.

Despite his condition, vets have told Brown Matrix is a “miracle dog” for surviving the injury.

“He is the most lovable, carefree dog,” Brown said, adding Matrix often plays with neighbourhood children and only two days earlier had a pleasant encounter with another RCMP officer who was in the area responding to a call.

But now, Brown is selling her truck just to raise funds for Matrix’s vet bills after being told RCMP will not be helping to cover the medical costs as they had initially told her.

“The supervisor was there and she spoke to me and said, ‘Don’t worry. We’re going to cover all the vet costs,’” Brown said of a conversation following the Saturday incident.

However, RCMP are justifying the shooting, describing the dog as “very aggressive and growling.”

Insp. Steve Wade told Global TV the officer had yelled for the owner to restrain the dog.

“As she was backing up, she started to slip on loose gravel . . . and the dog jumped at her leg and at that time, the member shot one round at the dog,” said Wade, adding RCMP supervisors, such as the one who spoke to Brown Saturday, are not authorized to approve payments.

http://www.globaltvb...6077/story.html

Edited by Wetcoaster, 17 January 2013 - 12:08 PM.

To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#28 Richard Parker

Richard Parker

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Understandable...but perhaps a bit of a misplaced outlet for your mood, you know, considering you've been a dog owner, and hopefully a good one, who most likely wouldn't take too kindly to people making your dog's death, in whichever situation he passed, as the outlet or at the expense of their need to be 'punny'...especially if your dog met an untimely and horribly violent demise.

I suppose we've all made tasteless jokes in certain situations, especially online, so hopefully you won't take any offence, as I didn't mean to offer up any...and since I'm sure that i've also done as much from time to time, so it's not like i'm 'better' or anything for pointing it out....just that I wanted to point it out and hopefully people, including myself, will take stock of their words more carefully when commenting on someone else's tragedy or loss, whilst sitting behind a computer and expressing their thoughts.

Posted Image

#29 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Understandable...but perhaps a bit of a misplaced outlet for your mood, you know, considering you've been a dog owner, and hopefully a good one, who most likely wouldn't take too kindly to people making your dog's death, in whichever situation he passed, as the outlet or at the expense of their need to be 'punny'...especially if your dog met an untimely and horribly violent demise.

I suppose we've all made tasteless jokes in certain situations, especially online, so hopefully you won't take any offence, as I didn't mean to offer up any...and since I'm sure that i've also done as much from time to time, so it's not like i'm 'better' or anything for pointing it out....just that I wanted to point it out and hopefully people, including myself, will take stock of their words more carefully when commenting on someone else's tragedy or loss, whilst sitting behind a computer and expressing their thoughts.

I don't find his comment tasteless or inappropriate in the lest. What do they say? Laughter is the best medicine?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#30 Richard Parker

Richard Parker

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

I don't find his comment tasteless or inappropriate in the lest. What do they say? Laughter is the best medicine?

You may not have.

And I suppose it can be good medicine, till the day you are required to swallow someone else's callous medicinal offerings at your own unfortunate news event. I wonder how tasty the medicine will be then. Just saying...laughter is a good thing, i agree, but is it at the expense of someone's personal tragedy, regardless of if one knew the person or not?

Thanks for the reply.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.