The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Police Shoot, Kill Dog When Going To A Home By Mistake

key2thecup

Guest Gumballthechewy

jeff-fisher-and-ziggy.jpg?w=300

Clearly the dog was possessed, the police had no choice!

But seriously, that's the supidest s*** I've ever heard! Responding to a business alarm at a residential home? Shooting a dog that probably showed no signs of aggressiveness? Telling the man he can just get a new dog? If that was me they'd be taking me to jail for assaulting an officer...

Guest Gumballthechewy

Understandable...but perhaps a bit of a misplaced outlet for your mood, you know, considering you've been a dog owner, and hopefully a good one, who most likely wouldn't take too kindly to people making your dog's death, in whichever situation he passed, as the outlet or at the expense of their need to be 'punny'...especially if your dog met an untimely and horribly violent demise.

I suppose we've all made tasteless jokes in certain situations, especially online, so hopefully you won't take any offence, as I didn't mean to offer up any...and since I'm sure that i've also done as much from time to time, so it's not like i'm 'better' or anything for pointing it out....just that I wanted to point it out and hopefully people, including myself, will take stock of their words more carefully when commenting on someone else's tragedy or loss, whilst sitting behind a computer and expressing their thoughts.

<br />

You may not have. <br />

<br />

And I suppose it can be good medicine, till the day you are required to swallow someone else&#39;s callous medicinal offerings at your own unfortunate news event. I wonder how tasty the medicine will be then. Jus<span style='font-size: 14px;'>t saying...laughter is a good thing, i agree, but is it at the expense of someone&#39;s personal tragedy, regardless of if one knew the person or not?</span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-size: 14px;'>Thanks for the reply.</span><br />

Guest Gumballthechewy

You may not have.

And I suppose it can be good medicine, till the day you are required to swallow someone else's callous medicinal offerings at your own unfortunate news event. I wonder how tasty the medicine will be then. Just saying...laughter is a good thing, i agree, but is it at the expense of someone's personal tragedy, regardless of if one knew the person or not?

Thanks for the reply.

Archived