The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Goal song for this year

cool story bro

Didn't see a thread on this for this year, but I know it's a hot topic and DJ Dave reads these. So.

Personally I think we should go back to Holiday by Greenday as our goal song. I don't really like the song itself or Greenday or punk rock at all, I just think it's the best goal song we've had since the OLE OLE OLE OLE song back in the WCE days. The length of the segment played after a goal is scored is pretty uplifting IMO and works well with the crowd cheering and any sirens/"woo"s.

I REALLY didn't like the song we had last year at all. There were a lot of suggestions in last year's thread that were alright, better than that one at least, and I don't know why that song was chosen. I didn't think it added much to the energy of the crowd after a goal. Plus, we have pretty good memories of Holiday, as it was the song playing when we got to the SCF.

Maybe some of you guys will say it's lame because it's Greenday but I think it's good enough. If you have suggestions, put 'em below and/or link it if possible.

Also, to the other thread suggesting we should get rid of the U2 opening: no.

Of all the goal song threads over the years, I've seen more people agree with the new goal song over any other we've ever had, or any other that's been suggested. I like it, as do others on CDC, and it's unique and our own. Others have used Holiday and the old ole ole ole song was used all over.

It's nice to have an identity, and the closest to a consensus we could hope for.

Of all the goal song threads over the years, I've seen more people agree with the new goal song over any other we've ever had, or any other that's been suggested. I like it, as do others on CDC, and it's unique and our own. Others have used Holiday and the old ole ole ole song was used all over.

It's nice to have an identity, and the closest to a consensus we could hope for.

Would have to agree with you. when we started using Vamanos, it really did get MOSTLY positive reviews, unlike any of the others. I'm not sure I've heard any other teams use HOLIDAY - and it was original when we used it during the run.

we'll see what happens.... going to stick with Vamanos for the time being.

but don't let that deter you from sending ideas. you can post them here, or email them to me at djdave@canucks.com kindly send youtube links (easiest way to listen).

as always, Appreciate the input very much.

DJD

DJD,

I think the previous poster makes a good point -- compromise can lead to some form of consistency. Like many others, I want "Holiday" back, but there's also quite a bit of support for "Electric Worry"... mix it up perhaps? Alternate goal songs (like in the 2010 Olympics).

Archived