Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lui's Knob

(Waivers) Boucher and Lilja

11 posts in this topic

Philly waives Boucher and Lilja? Didn't they just trade for Boucher? Toronto and Philly with some odd moves lately (per Tsn)

If we hadn't signed Barker and Vandermeer I wouldn't have minded going after Lilja.

And if something is impending for Luongo, Boucher would be a decent backup for Schneider.

They have to waive him to put him down to the AHL and right now while teams have yet to figure out their rosters is as good a time as any to have him get through waivers. Its actually a pretty smart move. They are playing the odds that he won't get picked up and he probably won't.

With Bryz and Leighton, Boucher is the 3rd goalie.

A little weird about Lilja though, on the roster he looks to be the 7th or 8th defenseman, unless the Flyers are planning on calling up a forward and playing with 14 forwards..

With Bryz and Leighton, Boucher is the 3rd goalie.

A little weird about Lilja though, on the roster he looks to be the 7th or 8th defenseman, unless the Flyers are planning on calling up a forward and playing with 14 forwards..

Considering the way Philly's D was lat year, I wouldn't think that they would be willing to risk losing Lilja

Boucher could be a nice backup if Lu is gone and Lack isn't ready. No to Lilja though

If we hadn't signed Barker and Vandermeer I wouldn't have minded going after Lilja.

And if something is impending for Luongo, Boucher would be a decent backup for Schneider.

I heard Lilja was brutal last year. I read an article discussing the worst and he was on the list along with Joslin, Barker, Peckam and Flood.