The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kulikov still in Russia, far from deal.

Are his RFA rights available to be traded? Or could he only be acquired now by a sign-and-trade or offer sheet? Either way, I think that he is a heck of a young player and would love for the Canucks to at least ask about this guy. Reminds me of a younger Edler.

Oh. Like that time Kulikov paid to buy himself out of a contract to come to America of the North as a 18 year old (well, he was already here, but to play in the NHL)? How do you know it's about money. He isn't playing in the KHL anymore, he just hasn't flown over here yet. Jamie Benn hasn't signed either, what would you say about him?

Somehow I don't see Benn going over to Russia and playing.

I didn't say I blamed the guy. Why wouldn't you wanna play for your home town team? Especially if they're willing to give him lots of incentives to stay there.

It's just a scary thought to have a player that can basically bolt on you any time they feel like it.

Somehow I don't see Benn going over to Russia and playing.

I didn't say I blamed the guy. Why wouldn't you wanna play for your home town team? Especially if they're willing to give him lots of incentives to stay there.

It's just a scary thought to have a player that can basically bolt on you any time they feel like it.

So anyone then?? Anyone can leave if they feel like it. Kulikov only left because of the lock out, isn't playing for his KHL team anymore and is waiting for a contract before he buys a flight to North America.. not too strange to me.

Kulikov is outstanding and I would love to see him in Vancouver.

No, Russians are more likely to leave because the KHL will offer the top players competitive salaries to stay over there.

Those guys are treated like gods everywhere they go over there.

Ovechkin said it himself. If the NHL was going to cut back his salary any more than they did, he would have rather just stayed in Russia with his family and friends.

And of course I would want him here. If he wanted to be here long term.

Archived