Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Kulikov still in Russia, far from deal.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Too bad Gillis doesn't like Russians
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#32 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

I remember a couple of friends mixing this guy up with Gragnani during the Kassian trade.. Boy I was happy, and then I foung out the truth :(
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#33 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Expected him to have a great year so I took him in my pool.. Dropped him yesterday, wish tallon had got a deal done
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#34 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

PLEASE GMMG PLEASE PLEASE ONE OF MY FAVOURITE GUYS COME ON PLEASE

I second this, obviously. I'd do anyone not named Sedin or Schneids for him. And then i'd trade them to Florida.

#35 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm sick of hearing about this dislike towards Russians for "bolting" to the KHL. It's rediculous. No one just ups and goes off to play in the KHL if they're signed and have a contract with an NHL team, and not many players prefer a KHL contract over an NHL contract. The only guy that comes to mind is Radulov - that's it.

The lockout and difficulty communicating in such a short window is why free agents are still in Russia playing in the KHL, not because they'd rather be there than playing for the Stanley Cup. Don't blame the player, blame the league for locking out its players. It's unrealistic to expect a free agent to sign within a few days of the lockout being lifted anyway.

As for Kulikov, he is one skilled defenceman who would boost any team's defence and will be signed eventually.

A player name Kovalchuk comes to mind... the guy signed a rediculous contract, being paid a ton of money, and hes basically crying in all of his interviews about having to leave his KHL team to come back to the NHL because he has a contract here.

Visnovsky, same sort of thing, first he wanted to stay in the KHL, then he cited personal reasons as to why he hadn't reported to Isles camp, then he made a request which was denied by NYI to sign a contract with his KHL team.

It is a very real issue that Russians may rather stay and play in their home country than in the NHL. They all have a lot of pride in the calibre and success so far of the KHL. I am betting if the KHL had been more successful a handful of years ago we wouldnt see the number or calibre of Russians playing in the NHL. wanting to stay home and play Pro there is entirely understandable, especially when there are big bucks being paid as well. And most european players don't grow up dreaming about the Stanley cup, they dream about Olympics and world championships and that sort of thing. The Stanley cup is largely a north american dream.

#36 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Kulikov signs two year deal, details to follow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413792

Edited by Kyosama, 17 January 2013 - 02:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.