The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Connolly Waived? Twitter - Dreger

Canucks will not pickup Connolly. I like him, always have. But he is injury prone and not worth the risk. Nobody is quite sure at this point how long Kesler will be out for, might just be another month. The Canucks are probably counting on the Sedin's playing lights out, our defense and goaltending to keep things tight and steal quite a few games until Kesler and Booth are back.

Connolly won't come the Canucks way.

Even injured and having his worst year, he is much more accomplished than our current options. People seem to want to get a really solid top 6 guy for free and have them magically appear from thin air.

I can only assume MG will pick up someone before the season starts if no Luongo deal materializes.

Arnott, Gomez, Connolly all available for very cheap.... assuming Connolly is bought out like they are saying. I am not sure I see it though as it does absolutely nothing for the team and wastes one of their compliance buyouts. His contract expires at the end of the season so they save nothing.

So? You think he'd prefer to control where he's traded to than to be put on waivers and at the mercy of the bottom feeders.

There will be very little interest, and the Leafs aren't putting him on unconditional waivers to buy him out, just regular waivers.

I'd rather sign Gomez to a lesser deal for one year.

It's not unconditional waivers for the purposes of a buyout as far as I can tell.

From PHT:

If he isn’t claimed for free, the Leafs could try to trade him while offering to retain part of his salary (up to 50 percent, per the new CBA) as an inducement.

Jeeze, I ask a question only to be met with sarcasm and condescension. Thank you Aladeen for responding appropriately.

If we were to snag Connolly I could only see him being used in the short term while Kesler/Booth are out. I find it hard to believe that Gillis would take on his 4.75m cap hit only to use him as a 3rd line centre when everyone is healthy.

Jeeze, I ask a question only to be met with sarcasm and condescension. Thank you Aladeen for responding appropriately.

If we were to snag Connolly I could only see him being used in the short term while Kesler/Booth are out. I find it hard to believe that Gillis would take on his 4.75m cap hit only to use him as a 3rd line centre when everyone is healthy.

Archived