The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scott Gomez?!?!

MrCanucks-17

I think MG is going to give either Ebbett or Schroeder a chance. He is also banking on the Sedins and Burrows to carry the team for the next month. Look what Pittsburgh did without Crosby for the last 2 years. Not saying Kesler is in Crosby's league. But, one line can and should be able to carry a team for a short period of time.

No Gomez or Connelly. Give Schroeder or Ebbett a chance. Who knows, maybe JS is our David Desharhais.

He's a $1 million + per goal player right now. I think if his contract gets bought out, a lot of teams would be interested in him at a discount rate. Knowing the current state of the NHL, he'll get bough out, start a bidding war as a free agent and sign for more than he is getting now, leading the owners to blame the players.

The only reason Gomez suffered is cause of me and the MTL fans, he could not earn up to his stupid 8 mill contract so we booed him every game. But truth to be told Gomez is pretty chill with Lapierre, and he also really does know how to carry a puck in to the offensive zone, i think he could do well on the second line and then can be moved to the wing when kes returns. He plays with a very aggresive edge which may help during the playoffs.

Archived