Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Desbiens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Is desbiens not getting a crack at training camp? I know he probably wouldn't make it but AV loves him.

#2 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

He's been gawful (god awful) for the Wolves this season, he's been the forward version of Joslin. Desbiens isn't even one of the vets being used every night, he's essentially the Wolves 13th forward.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

i didn't realize he was that bad, i guess i recently saw him this weekend in abbotsford and he looked the same physical guy from a couple years ago. what will they do with joslin? leave him in the minors? 2g 3a, not a point defenseman, maybe just physical type.

#4 Laoag

Laoag

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

He's been gawful (god awful) for the Wolves this season, he's been the forward version of Joslin. Desbiens isn't even one of the vets being used every night, he's essentially the Wolves 13th forward.

he looked alright on saturday... but overall he isnt NHL calibre... that i've seen anyways. i am still confused as to why we brought him back into the organization. they must know something we don't.

#5 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot...rokeHisFist.JPG

Desbiens broke his own fist punching with his thumb tucked in and sat on IR and collected 500k for it. Hes a doofus. I hope he doesn't get another shot. Embarrassment.

#6 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Bringing Desbieins back tells you all you need to know about Canuck scouting.

#7 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot...rokeHisFist.JPG

Desbiens broke his own fist punching with his thumb tucked in and sat on IR and collected 500k for it. Hes a doofus. I hope he doesn't get another shot. Embarrassment.

He made half a million dollars for breaking his hand. Desbiens makes no more than you or I and his career window is much smaller (imagine your job role going obsolete by the time you are 35). That broken hand bought him a house.
Sig too big.

#8 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

He made half a million dollars for breaking his hand. Desbiens makes no more than you or I and his career window is much smaller (imagine your job role going obsolete by the time you are 35). That broken hand bought him a house.

i'd do that to both hands for half a million probably. It'd hurt but be worth it,
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.