The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MG should be on thin ice...

nitwitt

If he blows this Loungo deal by not getting a scoring winger, a real prospect and a draft pick then he should be toast. He has already thrown away 2 very good players in Grabner and COHO for a bottom 6 forward, a number 7 dman and a "project". could you imagine if those 2 players were in the lineup today. Granted he's made some nice aquisitions in Hamius and Garrison, but is it just me, he seems not able to pull the trigger on landing a true top 6 forward(Booth is not a top 6, post concussion).

comments...

Hamhuis n garrison wanted to play for their home team... its not like he made a tradr. MG is extremely over rated and should have been canned after our playoff exit. Either him or AV. Instead our best player in the series took the blame and got benched(Luongo).

Mg has made too many bad decisions. Hope he's gone ASAP Unless he can get an elite player in return for Luongo he should be fired.

It takes two to tango. If nobody is offering what MG is hoping to get is it better to have that much cap tied up in one position or is it better to get whatever he can?

And no, I can't imagine Grabner in the lineup today. He was a bust in Vancouver. He was also a bust in Florida. Then he had one outstanding year on the Island.

Hodgson I can imagine, but he's been traded already for a kid that shows just as much promise but without all the baggage.

I like the looks of our lineup. It's going to be a good year!

In hindsight, yes Gillis has made some decisions that did not pan out, but look at what the team has accomplished under his leadership. Who would you rather have Burke, Nonis, or Gillis running the ship? The answer is simple in my opinion.

If he blows this Loungo deal by not getting a scoring winger, a real prospect and a draft pick then he should be toast. He has already thrown away 2 very good players in Grabner and COHO for a bottom 6 forward, a number 7 dman and a "project". could you imagine if those 2 players were in the lineup today. Granted he's made some nice aquisitions in Hamius and Garrison, but is it just me, he seems not able to pull the trigger on landing a true top 6 forward(Booth is not a top 6, post concussion).

comments...

Too many newer fans on here that forget what its like to have horrible GMs.

Be thankful that we have Gillis. He's a great GM.

All Gms make mistakes. You don't fire them becuase they make one or two questionable trades. He's done enough other great things for this team that vastly outweigh those deals. His job is about as safe as they come.

Results since Gillis took over:

Year 1: won division, 3rd in conference, 7th overall, lost in 2nd round

Year 2: won division, 3rd in conference, 5th overall, lost in 2nd round

Year 3: first overall, lost in finals

Year 4: first overall, lost in first round

Year 5: TBA

those are some pretty solid results, how is that thin ice? Four straight division wins, never below 7th overall, averaging a second-round playoff appearance, that is pretty solid and we've had a legit shot at the Cup, been a contender every season.

Results since Gillis took over:

Year 1: won division, 3rd in conference, 7th overall, lost in 2nd round

Year 2: won division, 3rd in conference, 5th overall, lost in 2nd round

Year 3: first overall, lost in finals

Year 4: first overall, lost in first round

Year 5: TBA

those are some pretty solid results, how is that thin ice? Four straight division wins, never below 7th overall, averaging a second-round playoff appearance, that is pretty solid and we've had a legit shot at the Cup, been a contender every season.

Archived