The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keep Lu Trade Schneider its not crazy

Spyderr

Ok lu is a great goalie contract hurts value

Schneider will grab us way more

Lack is gonna be ready in 2 years

Condensed schedule personaly trust lu more

So how about we trade schneider as our line up will improve way more and lack will be around in 2 3 years it works great

Schneider 1st to Edm for Eberle or Hall

Schneider to Columbus for Johanson and a 2nd (thats my pick)

Schneider Tanev to dallas for Jamie Benn (if we could wow)

Seriously the top 2 deals make sense for everyone why the hell not everyone is over the lu benching in the playoffs including (seemingly Lu)

We would be way be way better off for it

Schneider and Tanev for Benn :lol: a few flaws with this

1) Dallas just locked up Kari Lehtonen, and they have Jack Campbell and Richard Bachman in the system

2) Luongo is being traded. If Schneider was he would've been by now

3) Vancouver laughs. Schneider alone is an overpayment

Didn't Lou say that he doesn't want to stay here any longer than he has to? You keep him over the guy who can't wait to prove himself as a starter? A guy who's younger, more athletic, has better vision, and who is better technically? A guy who has worked his way up the ranks of the Canucks' system?

Pppfffffffffft! No.

i agree with most that is too late for that. but i thought last season at the deadline MG should have entrained offers and dealt him(schnieds).only because the franchise made a long term commitment to a very good goaltender and from a professional stand point you honor your commitments. future ufa's might look at this and decide this isn't the place for them where commitments aren't honored

the way the best goalie ever to suit up as a nuck has been handled is an embarrassment to the entire organization.

hope he goes to florida he deserves better than the leafs.

I'd rather keep Lu this whole season than trade Schneider. That's nothing against Luongo, he's been fantastic and carried the team at times, but everyone in the organization agrees that his time here is done and he's better served going someplace else. Schneider is not a proven commodity, he's never brought a team to the playoffs, or played 60+ games a year, or been a Vezina candidate, he won't bring more than Lu.

I still like the idea of a Schneider trade. Luongo is good enough to win it all, and a Schneider trade would bring in some wonderful assets since the world has decided that he is the superior goalie. Maybe those assets help the team score more than 8 goals in 7 games the next time Luongo takes them to the Finals. :towel:

Frankly, I'm fine with either goalie being traded. Gillis will make sure the team is improved from it.

Archived