The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Scrimmage | Jan. 17/13 | 7:00 PM PST

-Vintage Canuck-

How are those days gone? I think you are missing the clear fact that he missed his entire summer training, couldn't do anything, nothing, you think it's fair to label him useless cause he was put in that situation, he has actually got his training in this year and will be alot better. He is better than Weise, and Volpatti, he is a better option than anyone else available then he brings heart, character, faceoff ability and PK ability, those are all things he brings more so than anyone else you mentioned and are vital keys to playoff success.

Also not sure how you can label a 4th liner who barley plays our worst player last year.

You couldn't be more wrong, this guy got literially no training time, none whatsoever last year. It was rehab then he stepped in not at 100% and was always a step behind, this year he got a full training session in and will be much better.

- He brings faceoffs (arguably the best faceoff guy in the league)

- he is a huge leader on the team

- great PK guy/shot blocker

- solid defensive/shut down guy

- skates well

- extremely hard worker

- loaded with heart, loaded with character

- reliable defensive center

- better offensively than you think

- He can forecheck

- and he can hit

You don't throw away players like that, his cap hit is a little high but isn't an issue, this guy is a great 4th line center but IMO he has the ability to move back up onto that 3rd line, people discredit how badly that injury affected his training last year and how much training he put in this year. We can take his cap hit on. And if Schroeder is a 3C with Kes and Booth back this is where he fits:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Raymond

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Manny - Lappy - Kassian

Weise

Manny can play LW, this was another reason he was so attractive on July 1st when we picked him up.

Yes he missed and entire summer of training, but he also played 78 games last season, surely thats enough games to off the rust isnt it??

All this talk about 'heart' and 'character' im not arguing, but that does not translate into a good player. Are you trying to tell me Weise and Volpatti dont have heart and character?

Having Malhotra and his god like character and skills translate to playoff success? If my memory is correct, we got to the SCF without his faceoff skills and his other intagibles.

Totally enjoyed that. Glad I stood my ground with the Raymond haters awhile back. That hit he took was right in front of us - not cool.

Loved Burr working over Corrado in front of the net.

Bring on Saturday!!

(agree PC....Stranglehold sounded great)

Yeah I see what you mean, that crossed my mind aswell, personally I would give Raymond the top 6 spot though he seems like a new Raymond honestly.

I know this isn't exactly the way to line-up your roster but I really like the chemistry Raymond and Schroeder have to how about:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian

Manny - Lappy - Hansen

I know that's not ideal cause Hansen and Lappy aren't 4th line players but this would give us a shutdown line, we have the Amex line, then Kassian, Raymond, JS that looked really good, and of course the top line, and in certain situations we can give the 4th line (or 3B Line) more time and more importance.

I do understand it isn't ideal but it when you break down chemistry and roles exc. It makes some sense, but doubtful something like that would happen though. What do you think? Interesting Idea?

Was at the scrimmage game

Like what I saw overall

Definately was impressed with the line of Schroeder/Raymond/Kassian

Never been a fan of MayRay but he was great to watch this evening, hope the hat trick was not the only goals will see from him this season. Now I expect more from him :towel: Kass fits well with MayRay & Schroeder

But this was a scrimmage game and won't be the same when they get their first real opponent.

Can't wait for the back to back weekend games of Ducks & Flames

GO Canucks GO

Archived