The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Scrimmage | Jan. 17/13 | 7:00 PM PST

-Vintage Canuck-

Yeah, Raymond definitely looks great and not just because of his two goals tonight. He looked great last night as well.

I know this has been mentioned ad nauseum, but it's really easy to forget what Raymond did several seasons ago on Kesler's line. He was a legitimate top top 6 forward and 25 goal scorer. Once you've done it, you know you can do it, it's just about getting back to that level and getting the opportunity to do so. He's going to get the opportunity now and hopefully he makes the most of it and gets back to his past form. If he can, he becomes a big part of the solution to the depth scoring question the Canucks have.

If I see Raymond in another proposal...

No but seriously was impressed by alot of guys, Schroeders passing ability was in full affect on Raymond's 1st, I thought he looked good making quick plays in the zone, and he is has a very quick first step, didn't get alot of offensive zone time but when they did JS looked good.

Garrison was really impressive on that PP, jumping in toward the net like Ehrhoff used too, Garrison > Ehrhoff, the more I see and hear about Garrison the more I am excited about him, great signing. Can't wait to see King of ES eat his own words when he sees this guy play.

Ballard looks like he picked up right where he left off last year and you can see him and Tanev are a solid pair.

Hansen, Edler, Lu, Schneids all looked great to me aswell, really excited to see our game on Saturday, I think we are better than some think.

Archived