Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

[GDT] Canucks Scrimmage | Jan. 17/13 | 7:00 PM PST

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
434 replies to this topic

#421 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

just noticed watching the highlights that ballard and tanev were on for all 3 goals. and ballard had a nice pass to schroeder on the third goal. can't wait for the real thing saturday

#422 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

I see Luongo won the shoot out again.

Go Canucks Go!

...Surely even you don't expect him to do it twice in a row against Schneider.

#423 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

He was traded because of the controversy, not his lack of skill.

His defensive skill sucked which led to why he was traded. So essentially yeah it is due to lack of skill because playing defense is one them in hockey.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#424 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Can't wait to hear Ferraro and Botchford eat their words tommorow morning on the team about Raymond, Schroeder and Kassian after bashing them this morning and for the better part of the last week.

That's Hockey! Studs and Duds

Stud
Jordan Schroeder - gave a great showing to shut up Jason Botchford.

Dud
Jason Botchford always look so lost and amazed he's on TV. How he has a job no one will know.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#425 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Chewed on his stick.

He was good, created the space needed for his line to succeed. He wasn't on the stat sheet unfortunately.

Solid. Showed good passing ability, made some decent plays with Schroeder and Raymond. Drove hard to the net which was a big part of one of Raymonds goals. If he can play like tonight (albeit, more physical, but you dont want to kill your teammates) all year the points will come.

Thanks.

Like I said in the dumb thread about Kassian, I expect him to get a 9G 11A season like Lucic did in his 50 GP season. As long as he's physical and making his presence known out there with physicality and creating space for his teammates, I will be happy. Dropping the gloves when he needs to also would be a great plus.

This kid is going to be a STUD.

Edited by The Kassassin Train, 18 January 2013 - 03:19 AM.

The idiocy on CDC....

#426 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

/

Edited by Moonshinefe, 18 January 2013 - 03:26 AM.

#427 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,085 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Luongo had 4 goals against in the shootout... out of 5 shooters. CS won this won clean, 33 saves in a 45 minute game for the SO.

You guys watching the same highlights?

Nope - I was watching the wrong one - Wednesday:

http://video.canucks...bed-share-video

Blue won 2-1 and 3-2 in shoot out.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#428 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Lets hope Raymond plays like he did in that scrimmage.
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#429 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Lets hope Raymond plays like he did in that scrimmage.

Yes hopefully. I really hope he improve on 2 on one's also.

#430 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Amazing what Raymond can do when someone actually passes to him. And yes I am very serious

This is the comment of the night.

I have said all along that Booth kills the 2nd line and that if MR ever was traded to a top 8 team he would run riot. Some comments make the point, there was no serious checking and they are right, it will be very different in a real game (as it will be for everyone) however when was MR ever afraid of being checked? Never!

Like Ballard, MR's injury last year aside, it is high time we started tapping into his strengths instead of constantly putting him with puck hogs.

This will not be the rebirth of MR imo but hopefully the continuation of where he was before his injuries only with a "passing line" Let's not forget Kassian also has an eye for a killer pass and if his defence improves this might be a line with potential.

I was also pleased with Schroeder's contribution and if he is able to find space in this league he has an eye for a pass and a pick up that has been sadly lacking.

Edited by Bodee, 18 January 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#431 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

I am now dreaming of a Raymond - Schroeder - Kesler line
Kevin.jpg

#432 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

This is the comment of the night.

I have said all along that Booth kills the 2nd line and that if MR ever was traded to a top 8 team he would run riot. Some comments make the point, there was no serious checking and they are right, it will be very different in a real game (as it will be for everyone) however when was MR ever afraid of being checked? Never!

Like Ballard, MR's injury last year aside, it is high time we started tapping into his strengths instead of constantly putting him with puck hogs.

This will not be the rebirth of MR imo but hopefully the continuation of where he was before his injuries only with a "passing line" Let's not forget Kassian also has an eye for a killer pass and if his defence improves this might be a line with potential.

I was also pleased with Schroeder's contribution and if he is able to find space in this league he has an eye for a pass and a pick up that has been sadly lacking.

Glad to see Schroeder play well, may take the sting off the cough... Cough... Trade. Referring to booth, I think the real problem with the second line last year is that Ryan wouldn't pass, as a center that's his primary job. How would booth do with a passing center? Ryan is a hard player to play with, we have seen a lot of wingers underperform playing with him. I still say move him to the wing or put him back on the third line as center.

#433 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

cant wait for schroeder to play!!!

#434 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Some people dream of wealth and riches...
Posted Image

#435 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Unfortunately Kesler would be the cancer on that line and destroy it as he has most other times.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.