The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Scrimmage | Jan. 17/13 | 7:00 PM PST

-Vintage Canuck-

Schroeder gets his crack between Kassian and Raymond! :towel:

Pretty clear the forward lines appear set except the battle between Ebbet and Schroed's!

I'm assuming they both stay on the roster sans any acquisition; daily game time decision as to whom plays???

Puck-drop is at 7:00 pm and it will be streamed on Canucks.com.

Here are the lines:

BA1phryCEAALxTV.jpg

Didn't see the last game (was busy) so this will be my first look at the Schroeder/Ebbett situation, apparently Ebbett turned heads, so I'm looking for JS to come out and play well, play to his strength's, use his speed and work hard.

Should be entertaining, also looking forward to seeing Garrison, and Lu, Kevin Woodley said he made some tweeks and looks really good, should be an entertaining affair.

And Damn; was in Vancouver till last week wednesday for the first time in 4 years! Still, AWSOME move by teams that are having these public scrimmages!

Gotta say; the vids of the kids dancing at last nights scrimmage pumped me up.

The arena staff are all class by the way. I took my kids to the arena last tuesday because my daughter wanted to "touch" the arena. They told me tours were wednesday, but we were going to be on a plane back to Oz. But the receptionist could not resist my little girl hugging the arena in her Canucks jersey.

She had the security guard give us a personal tour. My younger daughter, who was born in Edmonchuck, converted to being a Canucks fan. She said there was no way the Oilers could be so nice.

Being a Canuck hockey fan is awsome

She slept with the Henrik doll we got her every night since! :lol: (The older one is more cautious with her Kesler; boy germs :rolleyes:)

i wouldn't say ebbett was turning heads per se. he did score his sides lone goal but that was really a kind bounce off a nice drive to the net by raymond. he also took a couple of penalties and spent most shifts unnoticed. that said, schroeder wasn't exactly tearing it up either. he looked fast and played the smart pass. he also laid edler out with a pretty heavy hit on a good forecheck. all this to say, neither have showed a whole lot, though ebbett does have a goal in his favour.

I'm surprised at the lack of competition for the 4th line. I know that Pinizzotto is injured, Desbiens has been crap, and Mallet has been up and down from the ECHL, but usually we have more competition - now it just seems like Volpatti is a lock for 4th line wing. Not signing Bitz or Duco hurt our toughness and competition on our 4th, perhaps Vandermeer will get a real look at 4th line LW.

And Damn; was in Vancouver till last week wednesday for the first time in 4 years! Still, AWSOME move by teams that are having these public scrimmages!

Gotta say; the vids of the kids dancing at last nights scrimmage pumped me up.

The arena staff are all class by the way. I took my kids to the arena last tuesday because my daughter wanted to "touch" the arena. They told me tours were wednesday, but we were going to be on a plane back to Oz. But the receptionist could not resist my little girl hugging the arena in her Canucks jersey.

She had the security guard give us a personal tour. My younger daughter, who was born in Edmonchuck, converted to being a Canucks fan. She said there was no way the Oilers could be so nice.

Being a Canuck hockey fan is awsome

She slept with the Henrik doll we got her every night since! :lol: (The older one is more cautious with her Kesler; boy germs :rolleyes:)

i wouldn't say ebbett was turning heads per se. he did score his sides lone goal but that was really a kind bounce off a nice drive to the net by raymond. he also took a couple of penalties and spent most shifts unnoticed. that said, schroeder wasn't exactly tearing it up either. he looked fast and played the smart pass. he also laid edler out with a pretty heavy hit on a good forecheck. all this to say, neither showed a whole lot, though ebbett does have a goal in his favour.

I'm surprised at the lack of competition for the 4th line. I know that Pinizzotto is injured, Desbiens has been crap, and Mallet has been up and down from the ECHL, but usually we have more competition - now it just seems like Volpatti is a lock for 4th line wing. Not signing Bitz or Duco hurt our toughness and competition on our 4th, perhaps Vandermeer will get a real look at 4th line LW.

Archived