434 replies to this topic

#31 goal-ghost

goal-ghost

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Didn't see the last game (was busy) so this will be my first look at the Schroeder/Ebbett situation, apparently Ebbett turned heads, so I'm looking for JS to come out and play well, play to his strength's, use his speed and work hard.

i wouldn't say ebbett was turning heads per se. he did score his sides lone goal but that was really a kind bounce off a nice drive to the net by raymond. he also took a couple of penalties and spent most shifts unnoticed. that said, schroeder wasn't exactly tearing it up either. he looked fast and played the smart pass. he also laid edler out with a pretty heavy hit on a good forecheck. all this to say, neither showed a whole lot, though ebbett does have a goal in his favour.

Edited by goal-ghost, 17 January 2013 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

OP, thanks for posting the lineup!
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#33 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

yup, i'm in the states and watched it last night.

Thanks!

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#34 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

i wouldn't say ebbett was turning heads per se. he did score his sides lone goal but that was really a kind bounce off a nice drive to the net by raymond. he also took a couple of penalties and spent most shifts unnoticed. that said, schroeder wasn't exactly tearing it up either. he looked fast and played the smart pass. he also laid edler out with a pretty heavy hit on a good forecheck. all this to say, neither have showed a whole lot, though ebbett does have a goal in his favour.

Good point, I hear reports that Schroeder was noticable throught times in the game and that he had a ggood 1st, after watching him for most of the season with the Wolves I am pretty confident that he can play at this level, I'm excited to see whats going to happen, and judging by AV's comments after the last game it is still very much up in the air.

I think both will get a shot at that spot on the weekend if it continues to go like this with no one stepping ahead.

zackass.png

#35 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,888 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I am laying my money down on Manny with Volpatti and Weisse.

#36 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm surprised at the lack of competition for the 4th line. I know that Pinizzotto is injured, Desbiens has been crap, and Mallet has been up and down from the ECHL, but usually we have more competition - now it just seems like Volpatti is a lock for 4th line wing. Not signing Bitz or Duco hurt our toughness and competition on our 4th, perhaps Vandermeer will get a real look at 4th line LW.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#37 bohunter

bohunter

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Sweet, Thanks... So excited for Canucks hockey Saturday night...
Posted Image

#38 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

And Damn; was in Vancouver till last week wednesday for the first time in 4 years! Still, AWSOME move by teams that are having these public scrimmages!

Gotta say; the vids of the kids dancing at last nights scrimmage pumped me up.

The arena staff are all class by the way. I took my kids to the arena last tuesday because my daughter wanted to "touch" the arena. They told me tours were wednesday, but we were going to be on a plane back to Oz. But the receptionist could not resist my little girl hugging the arena in her Canucks jersey.

She had the security guard give us a personal tour. My younger daughter, who was born in Edmonchuck, converted to being a Canucks fan. She said there was no way the Oilers could be so nice.

Being a Canuck hockey fan is awsome

She slept with the Henrik doll we got her every night since! :lol: (The older one is more cautious with her Kesler; boy germs :rolleyes:)

That is really awesome! I kind of envy you guys ;)

Sig too big. 

#39 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

i wouldn't say ebbett was turning heads per se. he did score his sides lone goal but that was really a kind bounce off a nice drive to the net by raymond. he also took a couple of penalties and spent most shifts unnoticed. that said, schroeder wasn't exactly tearing it up either. he looked fast and played the smart pass. he also laid edler out with a pretty heavy hit on a good forecheck. all this to say, neither showed a whole lot, though ebbett does have a goal in his favour.

I'd say that comparing their all-around game, it seemed like Schroeder wanted it more than Ebbett. He was noticable (sort of) on a line with Sweatt and Gordon who aren't nearly as good as Kassian and Raymond. Ebbett's goal was created by Raymond's power move (wow, that was weird as hell to say), I'm sure Schroeder could have scored that too, but neither player was horrible.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, obviously I have some Schroeder bias though. I really do want to see the kid prove people wrong about him.

FWYIerW.png

#40 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

I'm surprised at the lack of competition for the 4th line. I know that Pinizzotto is injured, Desbiens has been crap, and Mallet has been up and down from the ECHL, but usually we have more competition - now it just seems like Volpatti is a lock for 4th line wing. Not signing Bitz or Duco hurt our toughness and competition on our 4th, perhaps Vandermeer will get a real look at 4th line LW.

Volpatti was pretty good at the beginning of last season, played really intensely. weise has the right locked down. I just don't see bringing someone else into the fold when you can figure what the 4th line is gonna look like (volpatti-malhotra weise). get them playing together for continuity.

#41 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Desbiens was waived if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah I'm shocked there is no line up of ready available 4th liners. I always thought, posted many times, that Bitz got a raw deal so Kassian could have a crack last year. Maybe there is some underlying issue, and I don't buy it's his suspension hit against LA, or they were frustrated by how long it took him to be ready last year? He looked good and even with Kassian vastly more ready we need RW depth in a bad way...

Archibald might stick as a 14th forward??? :shock:

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 17 January 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#42 goal-ghost

goal-ghost

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I'd say that comparing their all-around game, it seemed like Schroeder wanted it more than Ebbett. He was noticable (sort of) on a line with Sweatt and Gordon who aren't nearly as good as Kassian and Raymond. Ebbett's goal was created by Raymond's power move (wow, that was weird as hell to say), I'm sure Schroeder could have scored that too, but neither player was horrible.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, obviously I have some Schroeder bias though. I really do want to see the kid prove people wrong about him.

i was thinking the same thing when mentioning raymonds' nice drive to the net.
as an aside, on that goal, did you notice how kassian took down his man to create a gap for raymond to cut through? i wonder if that was intentional? even if it wasn't i suppose these are the advantages of having big bodies around the net.

it seems our assessments are pretty similar. i look forward to seeing how they do in reversed roles tonight.

Edited by goal-ghost, 17 January 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well as fourth liners, to make the team above their competition for roster spots, physical play, especially in pre season games, is what would normally give them the coach's appreciation. If they tried to play physical in a scrimmages and end up hurting a more important player, chances are they aren't making the team
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#44 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,044 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

@SNETPacific
#Canucks change time length of periods for tonight. 1st is 12 mins, 2nd is 13 mins and third period is 15 minutes. Shootout after.

Awesome! :towel:

307mg00.jpg

#45 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

i was thinking the same thing when mentioning raymonds' nice drive to the net.
as an aside, on that goal, did you notice how kassian took down his man to create a gap for raymond to cut through? i wonder if that was intentional? even if it wasn't i suppose these are the advantages of having big bodies around the net.

it seems our assessments are pretty similar. i look forward to seeing how they do in reversed roles tonight.

Schroeder's just going to have to go to the net, and make nice passes. I think Schroeder probably has better passing abilities than Ebbett, and if he uses them having him and Kassian to feed Raymond, who'll always be a shoot first player could work out very well... He and Kassian had some excellent games together with the Wolves when Arniel wasn't busy playing "LOL PLAYERS EVERYWHERE" with the roster.

FWYIerW.png

#46 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

So Raymond looked good then?

As critical as I have been since halfway through last year, (and compared to other's I wasn't too too cirtical) I am very happy that he is looking better, and very hopefully he can regain that 2nd line form, was one of my favorite players, just sucks he feel off so much, I am optimistic and fairly confident he can play better, and hopefully re-sign then score 20+ next year.

The Raymond - Schroeder/Ebbett - Kassian line isn't great but I am honestly optimistic that it might be better than some think, the dynamics on that line fit together nicely (Raymonds speed/shoot first, Schroeders two way awareness, speed and dynamic offensive game, Kassian's size, hands, speed, grit, exc.) and if everyone plays the way they are capable of I think they could provide some offense & not be a glaring weakness.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 17 January 2013 - 07:42 PM.

zackass.png

#47 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Oh, hey guys!
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#48 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

I like that these are slightly more balanced, besides Sedins/Burr line being with Edler, that's like the line that will almost always win. I hope Schroeder will surprise people.
Posted Image

#49 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm really expecting a big game from Schroeder, this could be his last chance to win that second line spot.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#50 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,435 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Did Gordon clear waivers???

He's playing tonight.

Iggy's Lust for Life is a good opening song.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#51 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,435 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Are the Sedin's always in mid-season form????
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#52 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,435 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Kassian going to the net...I like it.
GO CANUCKS GO!

Posted Image

#53 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Raymond looked mad...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#54 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,436 posts

May Ray got slammed.

#55 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Who just destroyed raymond lol

Posted Image

#56 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,639 posts

Volpatti has been suprisingly noticeable.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#57 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

That (Alberts?) hit on Raymond was super greasy.

FWYIerW.png

#58 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Connauton is looking solid, IMO. Looks better with NHL players than he does down in the AHL.

#59 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Raymond looked mad...

yeah, probably at himself for falling down.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#60 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,044 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hank, why you no shoot?

307mg00.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.