The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Scrimmage | Jan. 17/13 | 7:00 PM PST

-Vintage Canuck-

Desbiens was waived if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah I'm shocked there is no line up of ready available 4th liners. I always thought, posted many times, that Bitz got a raw deal so Kassian could have a crack last year. Maybe there is some underlying issue, and I don't buy it's his suspension hit against LA, or they were frustrated by how long it took him to be ready last year? He looked good and even with Kassian vastly more ready we need RW depth in a bad way...

Archibald might stick as a 14th forward??? :shock:

I'm surprised at the lack of competition for the 4th line. I know that Pinizzotto is injured, Desbiens has been crap, and Mallet has been up and down from the ECHL, but usually we have more competition - now it just seems like Volpatti is a lock for 4th line wing. Not signing Bitz or Duco hurt our toughness and competition on our 4th, perhaps Vandermeer will get a real look at 4th line LW.

I'd say that comparing their all-around game, it seemed like Schroeder wanted it more than Ebbett. He was noticable (sort of) on a line with Sweatt and Gordon who aren't nearly as good as Kassian and Raymond. Ebbett's goal was created by Raymond's power move (wow, that was weird as hell to say), I'm sure Schroeder could have scored that too, but neither player was horrible.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, obviously I have some Schroeder bias though. I really do want to see the kid prove people wrong about him.

I'm surprised at the lack of competition for the 4th line. I know that Pinizzotto is injured, Desbiens has been crap, and Mallet has been up and down from the ECHL, but usually we have more competition - now it just seems like Volpatti is a lock for 4th line wing. Not signing Bitz or Duco hurt our toughness and competition on our 4th, perhaps Vandermeer will get a real look at 4th line LW.

i was thinking the same thing when mentioning raymonds' nice drive to the net.

as an aside, on that goal, did you notice how kassian took down his man to create a gap for raymond to cut through? i wonder if that was intentional? even if it wasn't i suppose these are the advantages of having big bodies around the net.

it seems our assessments are pretty similar. i look forward to seeing how they do in reversed roles tonight.

So Raymond looked good then?

As critical as I have been since halfway through last year, (and compared to other's I wasn't too too cirtical) I am very happy that he is looking better, and very hopefully he can regain that 2nd line form, was one of my favorite players, just sucks he feel off so much, I am optimistic and fairly confident he can play better, and hopefully re-sign then score 20+ next year.

The Raymond - Schroeder/Ebbett - Kassian line isn't great but I am honestly optimistic that it might be better than some think, the dynamics on that line fit together nicely (Raymonds speed/shoot first, Schroeders two way awareness, speed and dynamic offensive game, Kassian's size, hands, speed, grit, exc.) and if everyone plays the way they are capable of I think they could provide some offense & not be a glaring weakness.

Archived