1. Henrik Lundqvist. Model of consistency and continual elite play in every stage.
2. Jonathan Quick. After the year he just had, he has to be #2 at least.
3. Pekka Rinne. A workhorse in Nashville that puts the team into the postseason.
4. Carey Price. Oozing with raw talent, the backbone of the Canadiens team.
5. Roberto Luongo. Fading a little, but has been consistently one of the best goalies in the league for the past decade.
6. Ryan Miller. Had a playing peak as elite as Jonathan Quick. Has cooled off a little, but talent that great doesn't fade away forever.
7. Cam Ward. Another model of consistency, reliable, solid.
8. Cory Schneider. Has shown flashes of brilliance, and has not looked to slow down, but needs to prove more at the NHL level to take what seems to be his true place higher up the list.
9. Tuukka Rask. Like Schneider, has shown flashes of brilliance, but has also shown he can play poorly for extended periods of time. With some consistency he could be higher.
10. Niklas Backstrom. Left out to dry by a hapless Minnesota franchise - would be a Vezina hopeful in a bigger market.
Kari Lehtonen. Feels like he should be in the top ten, but gets pushed to 11th. Still a solid goalie and would be the #1 on most teams without question.
Jimmy Howard. Solid goalie but I'm not convinced that Lidstrom hasn't made his job a bit too easy up to this point.
Mike Smith. A product of Dave Tippett's coaching, same as Bryzgalov and Turco before him.
Jaroslav Halak, Brian Elliott. Same as above, but replace Dave Tippett with Ken Hitchcock. Hitch is the guy who made Steve Mason into a Hart finalist.
Marc-Andre Fleury. Simply an above average starter.
Semyon Varlamov. Has the skills to be a bona fide #1 but needs to show more.
Interesting list and well explained. I like that you acknowleged Lehtonen and Backstrom . Rinne is one of the reasons for the success of the Preds for sure, but having that defence in front of him didnt hurt his game at all. I would put Luongo just above him for having similar stats, but for a longer period of time. Its a toss up really. I would not put Price above Luongo by any stretch though, and Im not sure how you dont have Kipper in there.