Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMBUTANS

For this year, and this year only:TRAP is the key

34 posts in this topic

Every team who plays the trap and is actually good at it has one good shutdown Dman. Who is that for us?

Every team who plays the trap and is actually good at it has one good shutdown Dman. Who is that for us?

LA-Doughty

NSH-Weber

Hamhuis is as good as both those two?

LA-Doughty

NSH-Weber

Hamhuis is as good as both those two?

When you employ a trap system, which few teams do (despite belief to the contrary), it uses a team zone approach. When you have a shutdown d-man charged with stopping a specific player, or line, you are using a man-man system.

The Canucks will definitely play a bit more of a defensive style, at least to start off the season, but plugging 4 guys in the neutral zone isn't something the Canucks will do. Or at least, I hope not. zzzzz

What I'm trying to say is that the Canucks shouldn't be a trap team, nor are they suited to be. We tried it last half of the season and it didn't work. We were Beating bottom feeders by a marginal amount. Then when we had to face LA, it got exploited in the playoffs. That's why we got ousted in 5 games. Stick to our game, not a trap play.

The trap is too boring to be suffered, I'd rather watch weeds grow in my garden. Of course, baseball this year will be a great tonic - the Jays finally have a team that will be worth watching. If we play the trap- screw hockey- it is an insult to fans paying good money for tickets.

The Canucks will definitely play a bit more of a defensive style, at least to start off the season, but plugging 4 guys in the neutral zone isn't something the Canucks will do. Or at least, I hope not. zzzzz

So, which one is uglier, a 7-3 loss or using the trap?

First of all I would like to congratulate Mr. Reputable on his first non-retarded thread.

Second of all I don't think we should go full on trap for the whole season, but we may need to go to a more defensive style (or even a trap) until we get some help in the Top 6.