The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many games do you think Roberto Luongo will play this season?

ChrisCo!

How many games do you think Luongo will play this season?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think he play around 18-20 games. Ride who ever is hot, theres no reason for us to put any strain on either goalie when we have two assets. They are two of the best goalies in the league, we should take advantage of that and give them rest for the playoffs. The schedule is strenuous enough that having two top goalies is more important then ever.

I still think a Luongo trade will occur before the deadline this season, but if that doesn't happen, I think Roberto gets at around 18 games. It would be madness not to exploit the advantage of having two elite goaltenders during a tight, abbreviated season such as this. This is mainly the reason why there is absolutely no rush to move Lu.

A lot of it will hinge on how well the Canucks and their potential trading partners do. If Reimer and Scrivens (lol) crap the bed out of the gate this year, things change a great deal. If those two guys somehow manage to play incredibly well, Nonis will surely not have much desire to acquire Luongo. This will also change affect that return one can expect in a Luongo deal.

If he shows up in Vancouver at the start of the season and remains all throughout...he would play around 18-22 games. There's a tight schedule, and playing Schneids 3-4 times a week consistently won't be the most favourable. It would be a waste not to exercise the option of having two elite goalies.

Archived