The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Update]2013 Draft Rankings - HockeyProspect.com - Feb 15th

theminister

• 2 weeks later...

If Curt Lazar falls, we should nab him, or even look at some guys like Linus Arnesson, I really liked his play at the WJ.

Other guys like Zykov, Marko Dano, Keaton Thompson, Arturri Lehkonen and Morgan Klimchuck.

There are really alot of guys in the later rounds like Jesse Lees, M-O Roy, Sven Andreghetto, Sergey Tolchinsky, Ryan Graves, Jordan Subban, Shea Theodore, exc. who are going to be very interesting to get to look at.

Also looks like Anthony Duclair has fallen a bit, so that is someone to look at also.

Not really a huge fan of Hartman. I wouldn't mind Rychel though.

I think this is our opportunity to grab an offensive player who will breakout and be a steal. I think Hartman will be a solid 3rd line center at this level.

Rychel on the other hand is someone we should really consider he doesn't have absolute high end skill in terms of dangling, but I like the way he uses his size and he has a nice shot, and is a goal scorer too, but then again there are other guys I would look at. Its nice having some options with this deep draft.

I want the Canucks to draft Nikita Zadorov if he's available. Mobile, HUGE, physical defencemen. We wouldn't need him for a few years so plenty of time for him to develop his offensive game and log big minutes when Harrington leaves to join the Pens organizatio.

Jones should go #1 he can play right away in the NHL and has to potential to be a #1 d-man. Mackinnon seems more like a Tyler Seguin or Taylor Hall comparable who will play right away and have an impact but won't be a superstar like Stamkos.

On Drouin I don't think people realize he is the same size as MacKinnon because Mackinnon plays a more grittier game.

But I agree he has the talent to go #1 overall as well. It just comes down to team need.

living in windsor I have the opportunity to see a lot of this kid. I feel for any team that takes him in the first round. He doesn't do anything special at all. Average shot average speed average iq average playmaker. The only thkng that sticks out is his numbers on a below average team that lacks an identity. But even his numbers are in direct relation to him seeing top line minutes with skilled players such as koklachev and ho-sang. He's never had to earn his minutes seeing as warren rychel is he gm.

Archived