21 replies to this topic

#1 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Based upon what i have seen last night, I noticed that Kassian Schroeder and Raymond's line along with Lapierre Higgins and hansens line have some serious chemistry. I was just thinking that when Kesler and Booth get Back what if we aquired a winger to play with them so we can have a first line 2 second lines and a third line.
Lets say we aquired a winger like kulemin for example thi is what a healthy lineup would look like.
Sedins-Burows
Booth-Kesler-Kulemin
Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Malhotra,Weise

I know alot of u would disagree with having Manny in the press Box, but this wouldd make the lineup much more dominant, however even if we dont aquire a winger we can still have hansen,higgins or even lapierre play with booth and Kesler and that would allow Manny to draw in.

#2 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think a lot hinges on how well that 2nd line plays to start the season.

#3 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Unfortunately, because it looks like the Canucks are too afraid to lose Volpatti or ebbett on waivers, they're going to send JS back to chicago. I'll be pleasently surprised if he makes it though
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#4 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Playing against top tier talent rather then split squad games it should become apparent that mayray - schroeder- kass is much weaker then you think.

Higgy - lappy - hansen is a born 3rd line and could be one of the best in the league, They shouldnt be demoted down to the 4th.
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#5 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,957 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

We have plenty of wingers, even with Booth out. It might be nice to have an upgrade in the top 6, but Kulemin isn't it. He's a marginal upgrade over what we hope Raymond can do for us.

Considering what we'd have to give up to get someone better, it's not likely we focus on that unless we get one back in a goalie trade, or can do so for some extra parts (aka, Samuelsson and Sturm).

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#6 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Playing against top tier talent rather then split squad games it should become apparent that mayray - schroeder- kass is much weaker then you think.

Higgy - lappy - hansen is a born 3rd line and could be one of the best in the league, They shouldnt be demoted down to the 4th.

I agree about he third line they seem really solid

#7 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

4th lines usually have a very specific role (not just the 4th best line) which I don't think they wouold be good at. Either way, they are a third line, not a legitimate second. But, maybe (hopefully) they'll surprise us.

#8 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Unfortunately, because it looks like the Canucks are too afraid to lose Volpatti or ebbett on waivers, they're going to send JS back to chicago. I'll be pleasently surprised if he makes it though

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if the Canucks want to be competitive they'll have to put out the best line-up they can. If that means keeping Schroeder around to prove himself in the regular season they may have to risk Volpatti and Ebbett.

With all the other players making it through waivers lately, I don't think they risk much. Frankly, there are plenty Volpattis out there. Ebbett would be a tough loss, but I think the organization can handle it.

#9 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

I love armchair Gms.
Life is short, LIVE IT

#10 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

How about you learn to spell "acquire"?

#11 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if the Canucks want to be competitive they'll have to put out the best line-up they can. If that means keeping Schroeder around to prove himself in the regular season they may have to risk Volpatti and Ebbett.

With all the other players making it through waivers lately, I don't think they risk much. Frankly, there are plenty Volpattis out there. Ebbett would be a tough loss, but I think the organization can handle it.

Here is a good article from Canucks army..

http://canucksarmy.c...8/the-final-cut

I could see them sending Barker down. He is on a two way, and no one is going to pick him up.

#12 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

We have a a lot of left wingers, and we don't need any more of them right now. Clearly at the current moment our issues are at centre. Depth is an issue there at the moment.

RIP LB RR PD

#13 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I say we acquire another centreman. centremen can transition to wing easier that wingers transitioning to centre. Im a kass fan and I'm all for the trade but since we let go of hodgson, and then pahlsson went back to europe, we're a little weak down the middle.

This kesler injury has really opened up some glaring weaknesses. I think we should kick the can at gomez for cheap, if it doesnt work out just burry him in the minors, its not like he will be that expensive (I wouldn't offer more than 1 mill), he already made his paycheque this year.

I like that we're giving Schroeder a shot but if it doesn't work out and he's not NHL ready, we're in trouble. I really dont like Ebbett on the 2nd line, temporary or not..

Edited by frazzY, 18 January 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#14 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

I had a bad dream that Chris Higgins broke his leg in a scrimmage last night.....You know you miss hockey when you start dreaming about it.
Posted Image

#15 **Pavel4Life**

**Pavel4Life**

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Great post!
CFOO SIG FTW!

QUOTE (bugmo @ Jul 23 2009, 12:09 AM) And you are an idiot who can't see things for the way they are. It's people like you who make it seem okay for the canucks to have a non playoff making team every year. Gillis supporter go jump off the Patullo.

This was said to me and it makes me laugh everytime I read it.

#16 canuckseh29

canuckseh29

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Sedins-Burows
Booth-Kesler-Kulemin
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Malhotra,Weise

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Malholtra
(Weise)

Could do something similar without adding in a traded player. I think they're happy having 3 offensive lines and one straight checking.

6933864811_196d845896_m.jpg

Canucks all-time leaders in Points, (As of Jan 16th, 2013):

1. Henrik Sedin (838 pts - 192 goals - 646 assists [1st all time] 2. Daniel Sedin ( 801 pts - 305 goals [3rd all time], 496 assists [second all time] )   3. Markus Naslund (756 pts - 346 goals [first all time] ) 4. Trevor Linden (733 pts - 318 goals [second all time] - and 415 assists [third all time] ), 5. Stan Smyl (673 pts - 262 goals [third all time], 411 assists), , 6. Thomas Gradin (550 pts), 7. Pavel Bure (478 pts - 1.12 point per game [highest as a Canuck] ), 8. Toni Tanti (470 pts) 9. Todd Bertuzzi (449 pts) 10. Don Lever (407 pts)

#17 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,258 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

I had a bad dream that Chris Higgins broke his leg in a scrimmage last night.....You know you miss hockey when you start dreaming about it.

On the topic of dreaming about hockey I had a dream last night about Toews being traded to Carolina. It felt so real I remembered who he got traded for.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#18 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hahahahahahahahahaha, awesome sauce, look everyone, it is the spelling police to the rescue, and they have sarcasm on the side as well

#19 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Naw I agree, learn how to spell...

#20 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

On global Pratt the homer he is thinks the Canucks will go after iginla at the deadline. Rrroiggghht

#21 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Yes. A playmaking winger to play with Kesler and Booth.

#22 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

All though he kind of abandoned the three scoring lines-system in the CoHo-trade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.