The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if the Canucks aquire a winger?

406281dylan

Based upon what i have seen last night, I noticed that Kassian Schroeder and Raymond's line along with Lapierre Higgins and hansens line have some serious chemistry. I was just thinking that when Kesler and Booth get Back what if we aquired a winger to play with them so we can have a first line 2 second lines and a third line.

Lets say we aquired a winger like kulemin for example thi is what a healthy lineup would look like.

Sedins-Burows

Booth-Kesler-Kulemin

Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Malhotra,Weise

I know alot of u would disagree with having Manny in the press Box, but this wouldd make the lineup much more dominant, however even if we dont aquire a winger we can still have hansen,higgins or even lapierre play with booth and Kesler and that would allow Manny to draw in.

Playing against top tier talent rather then split squad games it should become apparent that mayray - schroeder- kass is much weaker then you think.

Higgy - lappy - hansen is a born 3rd line and could be one of the best in the league, They shouldnt be demoted down to the 4th.

We have plenty of wingers, even with Booth out. It might be nice to have an upgrade in the top 6, but Kulemin isn't it. He's a marginal upgrade over what we hope Raymond can do for us.

Considering what we'd have to give up to get someone better, it's not likely we focus on that unless we get one back in a goalie trade, or can do so for some extra parts (aka, Samuelsson and Sturm).

Playing against top tier talent rather then split squad games it should become apparent that mayray - schroeder- kass is much weaker then you think.

Higgy - lappy - hansen is a born 3rd line and could be one of the best in the league, They shouldnt be demoted down to the 4th.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if the Canucks want to be competitive they'll have to put out the best line-up they can. If that means keeping Schroeder around to prove himself in the regular season they may have to risk Volpatti and Ebbett.

With all the other players making it through waivers lately, I don't think they risk much. Frankly, there are plenty Volpattis out there. Ebbett would be a tough loss, but I think the organization can handle it.

I say we acquire another centreman. centremen can transition to wing easier that wingers transitioning to centre. Im a kass fan and I'm all for the trade but since we let go of hodgson, and then pahlsson went back to europe, we're a little weak down the middle.

This kesler injury has really opened up some glaring weaknesses. I think we should kick the can at gomez for cheap, if it doesnt work out just burry him in the minors, its not like he will be that expensive (I wouldn't offer more than 1 mill), he already made his paycheque this year.

I like that we're giving Schroeder a shot but if it doesn't work out and he's not NHL ready, we're in trouble. I really dont like Ebbett on the 2nd line, temporary or not..

Archived