Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex the Great

[Value Of] Marc Staal to Carolina

19 posts in this topic

Me and my friend (who's a Hurricanes fan) were talking and started to wonder what it would take to get Marc Staal to the Canes?

Thoughts?

Mcbain+ ?

Imagine the play by play, "Staal down the boards to Staal, Staal dishes it up to the point to Staal"

haha i was just talking about this today. anyways I'm gunna go with mcbain/sanguitti (or however you spell it) Justin shugg and a third round pick. that's just a wild guess though. I'm not really good at these type of things.

If the point is just to get all the Staals together, you might be able to do a 1 for 1 swap with McBain.

McBain was a lower pick, is a couple years younger, but has slightly better numbers over the past couple of years. Could be a wash for both teams?

Imagine the play by play, "Staal down the boards to Staal, Staal dishes it up to the point to Staal"

They also drafted Tyler Stahl from the Chilliwack Bruins (now Victoria Royals).

The also have the youngest brother, Jared Staal, haha (plays for the checkers)

The also have the youngest brother, Jared Staal, haha (plays for the checkers)

Probably a top 4 defender + a pick at minimum i would think.

well Marc is a UFA at the end of the season so they can just wait and sign him. now Jared needs to improve or become a grinder to make the NHL team with his brothers.

well Marc is a UFA at the end of the season so they can just wait and sign him. now Jared needs to improve or become a grinder to make the NHL team with his brothers.

Hurricanes powerplay of the future?

Staal - Staal - Staal

Staal - Stahl

:bigblush:

I'm sure after two years when Marc Staal's contract expires he'll be bolting to Carolina, I mean three of your brothers play there, why not go there too. Naturally you'd want to be with family members right..

No he's not.

And the asking price would be Skinner or Faulk+ so there is no deal to be made.

Skinner's value is far higher than Staal's. Remember Marc has had concussion problems and is number 3 on their depth chart. Girardi and McDonaugh are ahead of him. Skinner is a franchise player. I'd say McBain and a 2nd.

I'm sure after two years when Marc Staal's contract expires he'll be bolting to Carolina, I mean three of your brothers play there, why not go there too. Naturally you'd want to be with family members right..

By then his team in NY will basically be family.

Skinner's value is far higher than Staal's. Remember Marc has had concussion problems and is number 3 on their depth chart. Girardi and McDonaugh are ahead of him. Skinner is a franchise player. I'd say McBain and a 2nd.