18 replies to this topic

#1 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Sportsnet is discussing everything canucks. The goalies, trades, lineps ect.. Good interviews, check it out.

Posted Image

#2 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

That was last nights telecast.
Posted Image

#3 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

TSN and SPSN have been discussing lineups and rosters for every team in Canada since the lockout ended.

Edited by WHL rocks, 18 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#4 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

A lot of yelling going on.

Keenan is ruling them all.

Who peed in Kypreos' Wheaties.

#5 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Kipper did b/c he thinks so highly of himself.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#6 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Kypreos is a moron...he thinks the louder he shouts, the more valid his points are. He is as articulate as a guy scraping roadkill in the back bushes of the Ozark mountains. If he was on the CDC, all of his points would be cap locked.

He been trying to position himself as a no-nonsense analyst, but everytime he speaks, I see the image of his inability to rule as an enforcer...his broadcasting abilities are as good as his enforcer abilities.

Maybe the knock out punch he took from Vandenbusche scrambled him for good.

#7 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I never thought I would live to see the day where I agree with Keenan.
Posted Image

#8 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Keenan listens to Jewel and wears turtle neck sweaters-enough said.

#9 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

MayDay!!! Even smarter that he was tough!

#10 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Keenan listens to Jewel and wears turtle neck sweaters-enough said.

Jewel is hot and turtle neck sweaters may save your life if you're ever thrown through a plate glass window.

More of a knock against Keenan is that he ushered in the Canucks' dark ages.
Posted Image

#11 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Keenan has mellowed with age. He's bang on where Roberto is concerned.
The Leafs may not want to hear it, but he's worth more in hand than a pair of bush-league Leafs.

#12 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

That was last nights telecast.

For those who watched, just how retarded did Garrett sound with his contradictory explanation of the Canucks goalie situation? Garrett's analysis, that unfortunately is heard by many Canucks faithful, does nothing but perpetuate the confusion and points of reference that surround our goaltending situation. Obviously, Garrett the retard, is very confused about the goaltending situation.

"Cheech" should stick with what he knows best...which would be where to get the best chicken wings in every NHL city. I can't believe Sportsnet cannot find an Analyst that is on par with Shorty's play-by-play for the Canucks. Even Valk would be an upgrade from Garrett.

#13 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Keenan has mellowed with age. He's bang on where Roberto is concerned.
The Leafs may not want to hear it, but he's worth more in hand than a pair of bush-league Leafs.

As much as I hate Keenan, I too agree with him...at the very least, his reality of the Luongo situation is aligned with MG, as opposed to the delusion Kypreos is spouting, and what the Laffs are trying to do to land him.

Edited by disisdayear, 18 January 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#14 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

As much as I hate Keenan, I too agree with him...at the very least, his reality of the Luongo situation is aligned with MG, as opposed to the delusion Kypreos is spouting, and what the Laffs are trying to do to land him.

Kyp is a meatwad. He's only famous because he sprung a leak while playing for Toronto.

Keswho.jpg

#15 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Does anyone else want to chicken slap Kypreos as much as i do?

The dude keeps saying that Luongo went to management and demanded a trade. YOU IDIOT. Luongo went to Gillis and said if it's best for the team, he would waive his NTC in order for Gillis to make a move. There is a difference you moron.
Posted Image

#16 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

For those who watched, just how retarded did Garrett sound with his contradictory explanation of the Canucks goalie situation? Garrett's analysis, that unfortunately is heard by many Canucks faithful, does nothing but perpetuate the confusion and points of reference that surround our goaltending situation. Obviously, Garrett the retard, is very confused about the goaltending situation.

"Cheech" should stick with what he knows best...which would be where to get the best chicken wings in every NHL city. I can't believe Sportsnet cannot find an Analyst that is on par with Shorty's play-by-play for the Canucks. Even Valk would be an upgrade from Garrett.

Garrets job is to get info and play by play to a general audience of fans that may or may not be in the know about what is going on with the team.

The Canucks fan demographic has a wider base than other hockey clubs. It's a family program, and Garret supplies the mild mannered friendly commentary that a wider audience can follow.

My point is, he does his job well enough. If you wanna hear some bad commentary for reals, then check out some other stations and you'll be surprised at just how little some of these guys no about other teams let alone their own.

Garrets not so bad.

Dank2013_zps1833a257.jpg

#17 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

To each his own i guess. I don't enjoy Garrett for his expert analysis on hockey games, i do however, find that he is extremely entertaining and hilarious when listening to games on Sportsnet. I would be incensed if they fired this guy. Him and Shorty make a great team, especially when they start to argue.

P.S. Valk would be a horrendous option.
Posted Image

#18 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,374 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

It's hard to argue that John Garrett isn't qualified to discuss goaltending on tv.

#19 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

You're right, Westcoast and McFly...

Garrett does provide some entertainment value and provides some info that a color guy is responsible for providing...I have my negative biases towards him, so I suppose I don't give him enough credit for what he brings to the table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.