http://www.vancouver...9348/story.html

#2 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

How is he rumoured to go? All that is, is Elliot Paps opinion, no decision has been made yet.

With both Ryan Kesler and David Booth injured, the nine-player roster reduction leaves the Canucks with just one more move to make to reach the 23-man limit. The deadline is 5 p.m. Pacific. Centre Jordan Schroeder remains the most likely to go as he doesn't require waivers. The other three candidates to possibly head out are left winger Aaron Volpatti, defenceman-left winger Jim Vandermeer and veteran centre Andrew Ebbet

Edited by vancanfan, 18 January 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#3 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

If Jordan Schroeder and Ebbett were both waiver eligable , there's no way in hell Ebbett makes this team over JS. Unfortunately, looks like he will at least for the deadline today, although I expect JS to be back here within a week if he is cut
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#4 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I would be disappointed, but not at all surprised if they kept up Ebbett for 2nd line duties and sent down Schroeder. I really wanna see what Schroeder can do in game play with Raymond and Kassian. Although it's just a scrimmage, that line did look real crispy all game.

#5 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Not really rumoured, just speculation as he is the only one left that won't be required to clear waivers.
Posted Image

#6 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

It's AV. He couldn't recognize talent if it smacked him upside the head. Count on some 4th line grunt being kept and JS to be sent down.
People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#7 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,070 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

I see why they'd be apprehensive about waiving Ebbett, since he's done okay with spot-duty when there's injuries. I just sort of feel bad that this might be why Schroeder doesn't get his shot (at least, right away). He out preformed Ebbett in camp, and deserves a look at least. It won't be long until he finds his way back up onto our roster if he gets sent down though, in my opinion.

Posted Image

#8 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,387 posts

POPULAR

Is Ebbett really a key cog in the Canucks' system? I don't think that losing Ebbett to waivers would be the worst thing in the world anyway. Give the best player a chance to play. The best player is Schroeder (IMO). Who knows if Ebbett would even be claimed if he was put on waivers.

Edited by Down by the River, 18 January 2013 - 01:56 PM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#9 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Despite the waivers I still think it's Vandermeer going. The real guy that should be cut is Barker - didn't see anything from him in either scrimmage. Right now we have 13 forwards, 9 D, 2 goaltenders - that tells me we should cut a Dman, not a forward.

This 'cap' thing is bullsh*t, as Kesler and Booth are both on the IR that's a prorated 9.5m free'd up. There is room for JS, both as 13th forward and as under the cap.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#10 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

OMG. Stop with the Schroeder stuff. Can we just wait till the actual cut is made?
Posted Image

#11 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

It's AV. He couldn't recognize talent if it smacked him upside the head. Count on some 4th line grunt being kept and JS to be sent down.

Posted Image

#12 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Despite the waivers I still think it's Vandermeer going. The real guy that should be cut is Barker - didn't see anything from him in either scrimmage. Right now we have 13 forwards, 9 D, 2 goaltenders - that tells me we should cut a Dman, not a forward.

This 'cap' thing is bullsh*t, as Kesler and Booth are both on the IR that's a prorated 9.5m free'd up. There is room for JS, both as 13th forward and as under the cap.

Kesler and Booth both haven't been named to the IR yet but I'm pretty sure we can squeeze the Cap hit of 1.025m with or without the IR relief

#13 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Last cut will be Vandermeer or Barker. Nothing to see here

#14 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

In a short season the Canucks can't afford to put a less-then-best team on the ice. They shouldn't waste space cause they are worried that Ebbet will get picked up. Considering all the players that have already gone through waivers, I don't see why Ebbett would be picked up over them, and even if he was he's a spot player at best and hardly a tragic loss.

#15 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,990 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

schroeder sent down:
https://twitter.com/...376449434927104

#16 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,100 posts

Why not send Volpatti down and keep Ebbett on the 4th line? or like somebody said send down Vandermeer.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#17 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,070 posts

He'll be back up. There's something seriously wrong if he isn't

Posted Image

#18 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Isn't there already a thread on this topic? Like I said in that thread

Posted 23 minutes ago

MG was on 1040 earlier. He said JS would get a shot, if not to start the season then fairly quickly.

I think they are making roster decisions so not to lose certain players on waivers etc.

Edited by WHL rocks, 18 January 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#19 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Wow, biggest load of sh*t I have ever heard. Schroeder was the only reason training camp was remotely entertaining. I guess it's safe to say Schroeder's agent hurt him when he signed such a big ELC.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#20 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

schroeder sent down:
https://twitter.com/...376449434927104

???? retards. they say you have to earn your spot...wtf did ebbett earn. things like this here result in us losing out on fa sweepstakes like schultz. why would any young player want to sign here.

Edited by TruCanuck, 18 January 2013 - 02:10 PM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#21 Virt 'n Kass

Virt 'n Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Geez, what does Schroeds have to do to earn a spot on this team? No way in hell AV seriously thinks Ebbett outperformed him.

#22 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

come on think about it this is to.meet the roster limit. it just temporary as 23 is the max

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#23 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma
Experienced and versatile Ebbett gets roster nod over Schroeder. And Vandermeer the rover sticks, too.

CRAP!!

#24 RonnyMB

RonnyMB

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Can't believe it. On a team lacking some depth on offence to start the season..... WHY?

#25 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

this has been the worst offseason ever. lose salo lockout no weber no lu trade schredder Impresses and gets sent Down kes is behind schedule and booth out. ftw

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#26 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

What a joke.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#27 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

This is confusing, even from a business standpoint. I highly doubt Ebbett, the journeyman is going to sell more jerseys than the up an coming rookie in Schroeder. Yay for AV, 12 forwards and 9 D to start the season. I guess Vandermeer will be our 13th forward....

2d7ye0p.jpg

#28 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

This is confusing, even from a business standpoint. I highly doubt Ebbett, the journeyman is going to sell more jerseys than the up an coming rookie in Schroeder. Yay for AV, 12 forwards and 9 D to start the season. I guess Vandermeer will be our 13th forward....

Selling jerseys is petty change for these guys LOL. Doesn't matter from a business standpoint whether you have Schroeder or Ebbett - neither will sell greatly at this point.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#29 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Relax CDC. It's a decision made to protect certain players so not to lose them on waivers.

Schroeder is not waiver eligible, Ebbet is, so are Barker and Vandermeer.

#30 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Posted Image

I feel so honoured, I'm getting trolled by stawns... :bigblush:
People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.