The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Schroeder sent down

I do hope that JS gets a shot though. There are tons of athletes that have been disregarded based on size but then go on to prove that it isn't a factor. Doug Flutie (football), Spud Webb (Bball), Muggsy Bogues(Bball), Theo Fluery. Even St. Louis went undrafted because of his size and went on to prove everyone wrong. Even as recently as Brad Marchant who is about the same height is doing well (granted he's a big douche).

All this talk of Schroeder is making me think that people shouldn't be allowed to post their opinion about prospects unless they've watched them play in a reasonable amount of games. Or if they listen to the people who have before posting and realize that those people know way more about the prospect than them and their opinion should objectively be considered more valuable.

> I'm guessing that's about as deep as your ability to assess players goes...

Don't forget that AV sided with me, not you. Otherwise Ebbett wouldn't be on the team, and Schroeder wouldn't be heading for Chicago. I take it Gillis and Vigneault don't have the ability fo assess players either, right?

> Cause clearly there's a direct correlation between AHL stats and NHL stats...

There is actually. As I pointed out earlier, it's 0.44. Here's a report on the matter. There are others out there as well. Here's one from BTN.

> Ebbett was gifted with first line minutes constantly, and got to play with the best players on the team.

Schroeder's played with Sterling and Kassian too. If you look up the last 5 or 10 points he scored, you'll find both Kassian and Sterling listed in the box-score.

Don't forget that AV sided with me, not you. Otherwise Ebbett wouldn't be on the team, and Schroeder wouldn't be heading for Chicago. I take it Gillis and Vigneault don't have the ability fo assess players either, right?

This is actually. As I pointed out earlier, it's 0.44. Here's a report on the matter. There are others out there as well. Here's one from BTN.

> Ebbett was gifted with first line minutes constantly, and got to play with the best players on the team.

Schroeder's played with Sterling and Kassian too. If you look up the last 5 or 10 points he scored, you'll find both Kassian and Sterling listed in the box-score.

This is actually. As I pointed out earlier, it's 0.44. Here's a report on the matter. There are others out there as well. Here's one from BTN.

All this talk of Schroeder is making me think that people shouldn't be allowed to post their opinion about prospects unless they've watched them play in a reasonable amount of games. Or if they listen to the people who have before posting and realize that those people know way more about the prospect than them and their opinion should objectively be considered more valuable.

Archived