• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

needtogetswole

[Report] - Schroeder sent down

I do hope that JS gets a shot though. There are tons of athletes that have been disregarded based on size but then go on to prove that it isn't a factor. Doug Flutie (football), Spud Webb (Bball), Muggsy Bogues(Bball), Theo Fluery. Even St. Louis went undrafted because of his size and went on to prove everyone wrong. Even as recently as Brad Marchant who is about the same height is doing well (granted he's a big douche).

Ebbett is NOT that terrible of a player. He averages about 30 points a season if he was able to stick around. Due to his size and a couple other things, he'll never be a regular NHL'er, but more of a journeyman.

We've posted the exact same thing right after each other in like 3 threads. :lol:

Vandemeer is on 2 way contract. He could've been sent down without waivers.

It's no coincidence that I pay closer attention to the posts you guys make when I see them in a thread, you both make good points very consistently.

All this talk of Schroeder is making me think that people shouldn't be allowed to post their opinion about prospects unless they've watched them play in a reasonable amount of games. Or if they listen to the people who have before posting and realize that those people know way more about the prospect than them and their opinion should objectively be considered more valuable.

> I'm guessing that's about as deep as your ability to assess players goes...

Don't forget that AV sided with me, not you. Otherwise Ebbett wouldn't be on the team, and Schroeder wouldn't be heading for Chicago. I take it Gillis and Vigneault don't have the ability fo assess players either, right?

> Cause clearly there's a direct correlation between AHL stats and NHL stats...

There is actually. As I pointed out earlier, it's 0.44. Here's a report on the matter. There are others out there as well. Here's one from BTN.

> Ebbett was gifted with first line minutes constantly, and got to play with the best players on the team.

Schroeder's played with Sterling and Kassian too. If you look up the last 5 or 10 points he scored, you'll find both Kassian and Sterling listed in the box-score.

AV lovers are the worst. He's a failure of coach and can't develop prospects. How much more evidence do you need? How many more years of failure do you need to see? AV is a joke of a coach and should be canned ASAP!

Don't forget that AV sided with me, not you. Otherwise Ebbett wouldn't be on the team, and Schroeder wouldn't be heading for Chicago. I take it Gillis and Vigneault don't have the ability fo assess players either, right?

This is actually. As I pointed out earlier, it's 0.44. Here's a report on the matter. There are others out there as well. Here's one from BTN.

> Ebbett was gifted with first line minutes constantly, and got to play with the best players on the team.

Schroeder's played with Sterling and Kassian too. If you look up the last 5 or 10 points he scored, you'll find both Kassian and Sterling listed in the box-score.

This is actually. As I pointed out earlier, it's 0.44. Here's a report on the matter. There are others out there as well. Here's one from BTN.

That's not how it works. 2 way has nothing to do with waivers, even though EA wants you to think it does.

All this talk of Schroeder is making me think that people shouldn't be allowed to post their opinion about prospects unless they've watched them play in a reasonable amount of games. Or if they listen to the people who have before posting and realize that those people know way more about the prospect than them and their opinion should objectively be considered more valuable.

> Look at Hodgson, he was very lukewarm in the AHL and was great when he finally got his NHL chance.

You mean the chance where the Canucks manipulated his zone-starts so as to artificially inflate his stats (so they could trade him)?

I've never seen so many users go full retard in one thread. Fire AV is just one example of many. Just really amazing how so many people can be so ignorant on an issue. Sigh.

> Look at Hodgson, he was very lukewarm in the AHL and was great when he finally got his NHL chance.

You mean the chance where the Canucks manipulated his zone-starts so as to artificially inflate his stats (so they could trade him)?