The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Schroeder sent down

I had less interest than usual about this season, mainly because of the lockout but also because AV is still here. Now I have almost zero interest in watching Saturday's game with Schroeder not playing. I highly doubt Kassian gets much ice time either but Raymond will stay on no matter how useless he is in a regular season game.

Why is this being ignored?

Prior to the decision on Schroeder being made public, GM Mike Gillis told the Canucks flagship radio station that he expects to see the Minnesota native back at some point during the abbreviated season.

“If Jordan Schroeder doesn't start with us, we fully anticipate him playing meaningful games for us very shortly,” Gillis said.

According to Vigneault, Gillis and his assistants, Lorne Henning and Laurence Gilman, examined “all the dynamics” when making

their roster moves.

“There is not just the on-ice component that's going to go into the decision,” Vigneault said. “There are (salary) cap dynamics.”

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canucks+Jordan+Schroeder+nine+players+reassigned+Wolves/7839348/story.html#ixzz2INhyLY8y

ah revisionist history is great isnt it. the canucks couldnt fit him under the salary cap last year, they wanted to bring him up but they did not want to waive a player that they needed for the playoff run for a rookie to get his feet wet.

Can hardly blame MG for that there is a fine line between being a contender and a pretender and you dont become a contender by giving spots to rookies that arent quite ready which schroeder clearly was last year. This year i would argue he is deserving of some games. although when kesler comes back he wont be on the team.

True. But there's also a fine line, between having a future and not. The fact that we have barely any young players with NHL experience is a little scary to think about.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little bit of winning, in order to help prepare for the future. But it seems that the desire to win another President's trophy outweighed that.

Archived