The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Schroeder sent down

For all the complaining that transpires on CDC regarding the Wolves, our AHL team has two centers, a veteran and an NHL ready rookie who are both NHL quality depth options, a right side blueliner who is a serious quality addition to the third pairing, and a big talented RW who I think will prove that he is NHL ready. Those are the Canucks greatest positions of need, and the Wolves best four players are precisely at those positions. The next greatest need is a backup in the event of a Luongo deal, and Eddie Lack is our best prospect, he's simply not healthy this year. In addition, our best prospects not playing for the Wolves are a big, extremely talented RW in Jensen, a big prototypical third line center playing in the O, and a very talented two way right side defenseman who was Dougie Hamilton's partner on the top pairing for the OHL in the subway series.

The Canucks are looking just fine where their developing young players fitting their needs are concerned.

I don't know that I believe he's being held up just to make it back into the roster after a later move, but they could be thinking of dropping one of the 9 D sooner rather than later. We do know that's the plan eventually, but you'd think they'd want to at least lay them to see who to keep but we iced our top 6 D tonight.

I'd expect he would have played tonight if he was back with the Wolves though, so maybe that is the case.

I'd love to see him back soon.

Hopefully we can quickly determine which defenseman to lose via waivers so that we can put Ebbett back in the press box as the 13th forward and have Schroeder on the 2nd line.

I don't know how Arniel could say Ebbett was the Wolves most noticable player. I watched most of the games, and sure he put up points, but when he's not doing that he's invisible.

At least with Schroeder when he's not putting up points, he's making good defensive plays, or at least controlling the puck in the other teams zone.

I think people will appreciate Schroeder's talent alot more now that they've seen Ebbett play.

Archived