The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Schroeder sent down

I figured this would happen but initially I figured that would be because neither Ebbett nor Schroeder would separate themselves from one another and AV would go w/ the veteran in a shortened season. Having said that, after last night, it was clear after the "game" that Schroeder outplayed Ebbett and this is obviously a waivers issue.

Yep, people won't stop and think though. They'll come in here and blast Gillis, blast AV, or say that Schroeder is a bust.

My guess is Schroeder is back on the roster by the weekend. This was just Gillis shuffling his roster in order to be compliant for opening night.

12 F and 9 D to start the season... only with AV.

Looking more into it, it seems part of Schroeder's performance bonus is based on him making it out of camp. This could just be to circumvent the 125,000$ performance bonus, and recall him when Ebbett looks like crap.

Canucks and AV need to learn, screwed up with Hodgson, Grabner, Shirokov, whats next Kassian and Schroeder?

Even more reason for future guys not to sign here, ex. Brunnstrom & Schultz sweepstakes.

Give the kids time to get used to the NHL, they will struggle, but they will eventually adapt to the style of the NHL, sending them down will just kill their confidence. Struggling is part of finding out what you need to do to get better, and how.

The biggest reason for Schroeder being sent down is because he doesn't have to clear waivers. Also why we sent down Tanev early in the season last year. AV and Gillis don't want to lose anyone.

Between Ebbet/Schroeder is a toss-up anyway. Neither is qualified to be a 2nd line center right now. I would have rather given the chance to Schroeder, but Ebbet is the veteran. He's an NHL player. They went with him.

We'll see how it works out. I fully expect Schroeder to get some games in this season.

Archived