The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Schroeder sent down

He has still had 4 yrs in the AHL, no matter how many games. I am starting to worry about our drafting expertise when the players we draft are being sent down to start the season year after year after year.

Schroeder is ready now, he is more skilled than Ebbett, so maybe I can eat all my words if he is re-called back tomorrow once Booth is put on LTIR.

AFAIK, Canucks will have Kesler and Booth on their roster to start the season, and THEN put them on LTIR. This maximizes the amount of cap relief they will get.

So as soon as the paperwork for that is done, it would not surprise me to see Schroeder back on the team immediately. He may have not even leave Vancouver.

So with Booth and Kesler both still on the roster, we have 24 players - 13 forwards, 9 D and 2 goalies. So assuming Kes and Booth are both on IR as of tomorrow, that would open up an extra forward spot, which would go to the best forward available, which is Schroeder.

I'm officially okay with this move, and kudos to everyone who kept a level head and pointed out that the whole thing was just smart waiver management.

:picard:

Last year we were told that "if a player deserves to be on the team" we'll make the adjustments to put him there.

Lets see if those adjustments are made?

we have too many player 23 IS THE MAX for roster lineup he is not waive eglible...come on why do cdc have short term memory?

Archived